Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REWARD if successful: help me identify where this annoying interior rattle is coming from 2021 M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can locate rattles and such using an app on your phone, connecting to the car's entertainment system, turn the volume up and go through the frequency until it starts to resonate. I can't claim I came up with this I saw it on a Youtube video but I've been doing it for years and it works every time.

The app I use is called 'tone generator' on an iPhone. I'm sure there are plenty of others for all phones.

p.s. what's the reward?

I'm definitely trying this when I pick up the new car...

Were you able to find out what this was? My car has a very similar noise and it’s driving me insane.
Its coming from the rear seat units vibrating against the parcel shelf that they rests on. I tied thick socks around the rear parcel shelf hooks to reduce movement of the rear seat unit and it has resolved the issue. Cosmetically not the best solution and Tesla remain adamant that there is no rattle on 4-5 different service centre visits. I gave up on the service centre a while ago and pretty much resolved the major rattles myself

The two side pods at either side of the rear seats mount to the car in a bit of a strange way, I think. There is only one clip, at the top, with the rest of the connecting parts being hooks that sit in holes and guides in the car body. Might be worth checking those to see if they are fitted properly.