TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rework Model X FOB

Discussion in 'Model X' started by shayster, Jul 2, 2017.

1. shayster

shayster Member

I regularly get accidental button presses with my Model X FOB that open up the FWDs. Has anyone already reworked the FOB components into another enclosure or modified it so that the FWD buttons no longer function?

2. outie

outie Active Member

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. shayster

shayster Member

I actually have a silicone FobPocket on it right now but it hasn't made a difference either way. I find it quite hard to double-click on the FWD buttons as well but they seem to work fine in my pockets!

4. travis010

travis010 Member

You could always get a faraday pouch/bag off of amazon to put your fob in. This will block the signal so it won't matter if you accidentally push the buttons or not.

5. shayster

shayster Member

I may resort to this as hacking apart my FOB just feels a bit wrong. I'm sure it's a simple change like disabling a couple of TACT switches. I hope the X gets a card FOB option like that shown in some of the Model 3 photos.

6. travis010

travis010 Member

I usually carry a Faraday pouch with me when I travel anyways. I once stayed at a hotel where the Tesla destination charger was right outside my window. This was awesome because I could check on my X by just peaking out but it was close enough that without the pouch, the fob was within range of the car.