TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

RF (Radio Frequency) Interfearance - Cell Phone - Stereo amp

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by snooprob, Oct 2, 2013.

1. snooprob

snooprob Member

I wanted to check with other "low serial number" owners on a problem I recently confirmed has been fixed.

I took delivery in March 2013 (SN: ...4187):
    - listening to radio, cell phone (charging or not) and sitting in storage bin area under stereo or on floor in carpeted channel
    - car exhibits classic poor shielding on amp when cell phone goes into high power/data mode (you can hear the RF interference)
    - had a loaner with SN 114xx - problem didn't exist

So - pretty clear it's a bug that was fixed... but sure it's something Tesla is going to be willing to fix given the cost of the part...

Any other comments before I take it to my service center?

thx! Rob

2. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

The cubby underneath the screen has long been acknowledged as a "dead zone".

3. snooprob

snooprob Member

So - this isn't about cell reception, it's about your cell phone causing audible (and very annoying) noise over the speakers in the car when the volume is anything except OFF :-\

Here's a bit more info on what I'm talking about:
    http://news.cnet.com/2100-1033_3-6199149.html

No other low-serial numbers can confirm? I was... surprised? Annoyed? When I found my loaner didn't have the problem...

thx! Rob