TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

RHD AP2.0 - not working?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by edb49, Feb 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. edb49

edb49 Member

Does anyone have a RHD X with AP2 features working? When I start the car I get a message "Driver assistance features unavailable - if this persists, contact Tesla service". (That may not be exactly verbatim.)

I was on 17.3.15 but have just updated to 17.5.28 and problem is still there. I know at least one other RHD X has the same problem.

2. muleferg

muleferg Active Member

"Driver assistance features unavailable
    Ignore this. It still works. Divided highway, hands on wheel. 50 mph. pull up 2 times on cruise control.

3. edb49

edb49 Member

Well even a single pull on cruise stalk says "Cruise unavailable"...

4. muleferg

muleferg Active Member

I got that also this am. Rebooted, got out of the car. went in the YMCA, exercised for 40 min came back out and went for 8 mile drive on auto steer.

5. edb49

edb49 Member

I've upgraded firmware, so assume the car rebooted when it did that.

Has anyone with a right hand drive X got AP2 working?

6. outie

outie Active Member

Do you have a right hand drive X?

7. muleferg

muleferg Active Member

No RHD fo me. I'm sure that RHD LHD AP 2 have the same software.

8. polymathic

polymathic Member

I have the same issue and the car has been dropped off for service as a result. Software updates didn't solve it, and nothing works. So it will need some internal calibration probably.

9. Tomnook

Tomnook Member

I have an X P100D with the same message and same updates. TACC has worked ok since purchase 2 weeks ago (albeit with the common erroneous warnings and braking etc.) Autosteer now works on Motorways only at 50mph.

10. edb49

edb49 Member

That's interesting - thanks. So seems it is something specific to my car, rather than right hand drive Xs in general. Will have to drop it off for service. :(

11. Tomnook

Tomnook Member

The spoiler doesn't function though so SC for me too!