TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

RHD Charging Port

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by chris.c, May 6, 2013.

1. chris.c

chris.c Member

Hi,

I wondered if Telsa would move the charging port on the Model S for RHD models, and thought it'd be worth asking any Roadster RHD owners how it worked for those. I've had a search around at various images, but can't tell. So, does the RHD Tesla Roadster have the charging port on the driver's side?

Chris

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Both RHD and LHD Roadsters have the charge port on the left. Not sure what is planned for the Model S

To me it makes more sense for the charge port to be on the passenger side for those parallel parked curbside charging situations.

3. childressmd

childressmd Member

Agree.

How long before we see the "I was parked at a curbside charger and someone ran into the charger cable" post?

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I've always preferred ICE cars with gas caps on the passenger side for a somewhat similar reason: if I ever ran out of gas and was forced to stand at the side of the road with a jerry can, I'd rather not have my butt hanging out into traffic!