TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

RHD conversion: Mirrored or ported over driving stalks?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by gatobava, Apr 13, 2014.

1. gatobava

gatobava New Member

Hi Folks,

Just wondering about the driver stalks for the right hand drive conversion.

Will the conversion be a mirrored image to the LHD = gear selector stalk on left, indicator/CC stalk on the right side of steering wheel?

Or will it be more like a copy/paste with the gear selector on the right side of the wheel and the indicator/cc on the left side?

Thanks.

2. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

Since the parts are from the Mercedes parts bin, you might be able to accurately guess the answer to this question by seeing what MB does on their RHD cars...

3. youlikeadajuice

4. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Based on my experience with RHD Mercedes the stalks will remain on the same side on the RHD version and won't be mirrored.
    This happens with most brands not just Mercedes so I have become used to it.

5. cpd1

cpd1 Member

same layout than LHD and same layout than RHD MB. The stalk for CC and wipers/direction/high beams are on the left of the steering wheel, gear **** on the right