TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

RHD model pictures

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by cpd1, Apr 7, 2014.

1. jontracey

jontracey Member

I dont have a VIN yet, my car is due in June/early July so suspect this one was for some one with a delivery in May/June

2. Alan

Alan Member

#22 Alan, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    I wonder if the car at the start of this thread is the one Elon is going to personally hand over? Its about 1000 cars earlier than the VIN on mine which will hopefully arrived in early June.

3. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

Wow! Is that a customer car? As in we have had our first deliveries in the UK?

4. J1mbo

J1mbo Active Member

:eek: Is that yours...?

5. Lokolo

Lokolo Member

Damn the UK. The front licence plate is going to spoil it (only a little :wink:)

6. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

RHD cars have "reveresed" wipers?

7. Alan

Alan Member

I wish! Not important enough for Elon to come over & deliver mine early!

8. cpd1

cpd1 Member

love the MC red, didn't think anybody in the UK would be so bold. It looks amazing in the California sun.
    I went for Pearl White which I think is great but secretly would love the red, but might be too much in the UK...
    Didn't any RHD had made it to the UK, pls do tell the specifics!

9. Alan

Alan Member

Sorry - had permission to take the photo but don't think I can say any more without asking first.

10. simonog

simonog Member

They made a prototype RHD car a few months ago to test it out (apparently raised a few surprise looks in California as it was driven around).

personally that reassures me: there is probably quite a lot needs to be repositioned even when it's fly by wire if one flips the driver side.

by the way, I believe about 40% of the world drives on the left (ie RHD cars).... If it weren't for napoleon so too might the Americans :)

11. PV4EV

PV4EV Member

Great photo of it on your drive. Curious to know how that came about ?!?

I saw the same RHD car at the London service centre this afternoon. Really nice combination of colours, including the cream/black interior.

Apologies for bad quality - its a cropped screen grab from Dashcam ..

20140409firstUKbasedRHDmodelseen_zps31f7c5a7.jpg

12. jontracey

jontracey Member

Please ask permission to say more :)

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a custom number plate, hard to tell from the image but think it says TES LA

13. PV4EV

PV4EV Member

They were red Motor Trader Plates to allow an unregistered/untaxed car to be used on the roads !

14. charliestyr

charliestyr EVangelist

Yes to clear the most amount of rain/dirt from the drivers view. You'll notice less of the passenger side is cleared due to the sweep of the wipers so they flip them around.

15. nwarddrfc

nwarddrfc Member

Why does the back door chrome look out of line almost looks like the door wasnt shut correctly

16. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Supporting Member

I noticed that too. You mean both rear door and front door, not the tailgate?
    That's I think misalignment. They need to be fixed IMHO.

17. nwarddrfc

nwarddrfc Member

Yes the rear passenger doors not tailgate dont see why this is a problem as this cant be any different to a us spec ms

The only differences I can see should be dash, steering, front headlamps for the aim and rear lamps for any reflector / indicator issues just hope this is a one off, if not it will never wash in the uk, the press will kill it off before the paints dry

18. arg

arg Supporting Member

If that's the same car as I have seen, it's a fairly old RHD engineering car that has apparently been around for a while in the USA on test before coming here.

I was made to promise not to grumble about fit & finish issues before I was allowed to sit in it!

19. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

For anyone interested there's a (private) thread over on the tesla forums with close up photos of the same car (from a visit it made today to test someone's home charging point). To be honest it just looks like... a Model S! But parked on a British driveway off a British suburban street you do suddenly realise that it's quite a big car!

20. nwarddrfc

nwarddrfc Member

Thanks arg hope it is said car, it would make a lot of sense being so
    Mgboyes not seen the pics but can imagine it is a big car dont think i will ever afford one but its nice to dream maybe a used one in 10 years or a few year old model E is what i will end up with