Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD Model Y orders opened in Hong Kong - could we be soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bobly

Sep 29, 2019
UK
Couldn't see a UK Model Y "megathread" or anything recently, so mods - please move this post to the right place if needed, but super excited to see progress on RHD Model Y - maybe we could see orders opening up over here soon?.

7mUtZmc.png

pure speculation on costs, but if my maths is correct the SR is a 10% premium over the Model 3, LR and P are 6% and 5% respectively, so applying that to UK Model 3 prices gives us £45k, £51.6k and £63k (ish). Again pure speculation based on the diff in HK prices alone..

Interesting to see the wheels are different from the US ones on the LR and no 7 seat options available like the US.

More importantly, they seem to have found an extra 10 miles of range on the RHD model. 336 vs 326 from on the MYLR from the US.

I don't know when it will come but it's going to be hard ordering one knowing that they'll be a much better one along shortly.

Also, there is no date available on it in HK.

Interesting to see the wheels are different from the US ones on the LR and no 7 seat options available like the US.

More importantly, they seem to have found an extra 10 miles of range on the RHD model. 336 vs 326 from on the MYLR from the US.

I don't know when it will come but it's going to be hard ordering one knowing that they'll be a much better one along shortly.

Also, there is no date available on it in HK.
It says available Sept?

It says available Sept?
Ah so it does for the SR. I was looking at the LR which has no date, the performance also has no date.

When you say "much better one along soon" do you mean the structural battery packs Elon was talking about on Battery Day, or something else?

No, I don't. I have no idea when the structural battery packs/4680 will make it to the final product. What I am more confident of however is them moving to the single front and rear casting, reducing the weight and offsetting a new 82kWh battery which could get us close to 400mi on the LR. That's the point where I'd bite.

Having been looking at various other EVs I’m very keen on the Y!

I’ve been doing some guesstimate UK pricing…

Looking at the Netherlands pricing shows:
Model 3 Standard Range Plus Euro 49,990 UK price £40,990, conversion of Euros to £ is £42,686
Long Range 56,990 UK price £48,490 conversion of Euros to £ is £48,663
Model Y long range Euro 63,000 conversion to GBP is £53,795

So perhaps £51-53k in the UK for the model Y long range

Is there anyway to get any idea of UK availability of the Y, especially as it opened up to the rest of Europe?

Did the 3 follow a similar release schedule, and if so how much longer after the European announcement did it become orderable in the UK? I've been driving many competitors like the iPace and Mach E but have always hankered after a Tesla, however with no idea of if we will be able to order in 2021 or 2022 time is running out for me.

nearly £70k for a Ford. Hahahahahaha
I am so over this ridiculous brand snobbery, it serves no-one but the marketeers.

My last company car was a Mondeo Vignale. It absolutely smashed the Mercedes, Audi and BMW I had previously into a cocked hat on quality, features, power and cost.

By all accounts the Mach-e is a good car, and there's no reason a premium spec couldn't compete with any other manufacturer.

Reactions: MrT3
I am so over this ridiculous brand snobbery, it serves no-one but the marketeers.

My last company car was a Mondeo Vignale. It absolutely smashed the Mercedes, Audi and BMW I had previously into a cocked hat on quality, features, power and cost.

By all accounts the Mach-e is a good car, and there's no reason a premium spec couldn't compete with any other manufacturer.
I'd be worried about the cooling system on the Mach-e, check out the Munro Live vid where he revealed a veritable 'nest of vipers' with that many compression clips the chance of a leak is much higher and they used the same method inside the battery pack, lots of pipes going all different ways.

Edit, check it out from 02:15 omg

Brand snobbery is brand snobbery. Apple v Samsung etc.

Ford instead

Brand snobbery is brand snobbery. Apple v Samsung etc.

Ford v Mercedes ? No matter how much you disagree, most are going to pick Mercedes. I personally wouldn’t spend £70k on a Ford. It’s crazy. Regardless how good the car is.