Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD Tesla Advice on selling used

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I purchased a UK RHD version of the Tesla about a year ago for use in Malta and am on an epic 3 month long road trip all throughout Europe and am ending in the UK where I will try to sell it as I am moving to a North American environment (Cayman Islands).

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on which was the best way to try and sell it in UK and if there was any recommendations on high end used car sales places or any advice in general (or in general if anyone was potentially interested in it themselves! :) )

Second, the worst case scenario for us was to ship it to Cayman which is also RHD but does use the american power system. Is that seriously recommended against?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I was posting about my trip through Europe on Travels and Trades | Documenting my life filled with lots of traveling and lots of trading

It's a pearl white P85 performance circa Aug 2014.

Also, I would not recommend shipping it to the Cayman Islands
Although I do not believe they have a SuperCharger there, if they do one day install one it will likely be a US-configured SC, and UK cars cannot use them (or vice versa)
I'm not sure about using the domestic supply, but I'm sure more qualified people can comment on that.
It would also mean selling it may be difficult as the majority of potential buyers may want to ship it to the US mainland, where they would certainly be upset driving past all the SCs looking for slow-chargers

I wish you luck on selling in the UK

Ask Tesla UK for a price. The price they've offered to buy my P85 at is as good as I expected to get at a private sale.

Much appreciate all the advice. I am now in talks with my rep for a UK buy back and purchase of an American version. It seems like it won't be an issue but the hold up was VAT issues re Malta registration.

can you pm me the price they offered? I know it might be asking much

Hi Guys,

I purchased a UK RHD version of the Tesla about a year ago for use in Malta and am on an epic 3 month long road trip all throughout Europe and am ending in the UK where I will try to sell it as I am moving to a North American environment (Cayman Islands).

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on which was the best way to try and sell it in UK and if there was any recommendations on high end used car sales places or any advice in general (or in general if anyone was potentially interested in it themselves! :) )

Second, the worst case scenario for us was to ship it to Cayman which is also RHD but does use the american power system. Is that seriously recommended against?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I was posting about my trip through Europe on Travels and Trades | Documenting my life filled with lots of traveling and lots of trading

It's a pearl white P85 performance circa Aug 2014.

Your timing is "terrible" as the first P85D's are literally just arriving in the UK and therefore there is/will be a lot of one year old and younger Model S's becoming available second hand as folk pick up their D's

This article may help Teslapedia - Selling your Tesla Model S in the UK