Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD test drives in May 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to keep the other threads on topic, let's keep the RHD test drives separate from the delivery/charging standards threads :wink:

I plan to go in the afternoon on the 17th, if they will slot me in. It would be a good occasion to make some kind of meet-up amongst upcoming Tesla MS owners, as well as current Roadster owners.

Test drives end around 6 pm, maybe we could go for dinner some place after, if people are interested? I don't know the local eateries, suggestions welcome.

If you post here, I'll subsequently update who is coming. I suggest phone numbers and emails are kept in PMs, I am not having my number on the forums anyway.

Feel free to PM me your email/phone number. In case we want to arrange a meeting, I can coordinate it.

May 17th, Disneyland Hotel

• Capt666, afternoon
  • DITB, afternoonish requested, option for Sunday if Saturday is full
  • jh78 ,maybe meet for lunch/tea

May 18th, Disneyland Hotel

• DITB - maybe test drive this day

May 24th, Crown Wine Cellars

• DITB - maybe
  • jh78 ,maybe meet for lunch/tea or dinner
  • Vmax - maybe

May 25th, Crown Wine Cellars

• DITB - maybe
  • Vmax - maybe

Last edited:
would love to join a meeting, but out of town 17/18.5.

Go the following weekend. I might even come that weekend too, if there is reason for a meet-up. And always game to sneak in on the back seat in someone else' test drive.

In fact, if someone is going alone for the drive, and I am there, I'd be happy to make video or pictures of others driving - if TM allows it. It's a moment of history, and I suggest it as a good moment to keep in a video, especially if you haven't driven any Tesla before. You MUST have a recording of the first time you floor it, the sound and grin on your face is inevitable and priceless! Like in case you missed it, this is the third time I drive a Tesla (LHD though) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpykVWiEZTU - and I didn't even floor it when the video was taken. You should have seen/heard me when I floored it going up the ramp for the freeway, hee-haaaaaw!

I did my first test drive in San Francisco 1/1-13, and had two local family members with me (who did some videos of me). My test drive in Florida some weeks ago, they wouldn't let me make video or pictures, apart from the car at standstill and the charging station (it depends on the local station).

I might pop in on the 24/25th. Will not make a test drive as it will just add to my suffering to wait until autumn to get the car.
Did a LHD test drive a few weeks ago and can't agree more to the grin on your face once you floor the pedal. Feels like in a 911 less the (annoying:wink:) noise.

It would be a good occasion to make some kind of meet-up amongst upcoming Tesla MS owners, as well as current Roadster owners. Test drives end around 6 pm, maybe we could go for dinner some place after, if people are interested? I don't know the local eateries, suggestions welcome.

Has to be a 'maybe' for me too. I should know more later this week.

All 4 days?

I am hoping that at least one of the days would gather a group of some of us here, now there's a reason to meet. Initially, on Saturday (the 17th), at 6pmish, somewhere nearby for dinner, venue yet to be determined.

Yeah, maybe for all 4 days because it has to be kind of a weather issue too. Trying to get as many of my family members to ride on the Model S as possible.

Same here, still waiting for Tesla's call.

I guess many of us will be driving to the event? If a meetup is really happening we need to go for a place that is easy to park. I suggest Sham Tseng/ Tsing Yi for this weekend and Tin Hau/ Kennedy Town for the next.

Again I am only okay for dinner on 24 May. Lunch/ afternoon tea are fine everyday.

Same here, still waiting for Tesla's call.

I guess many of us will be driving to the event? If a meetup is really happening we need to go for a place that is easy to park. I suggest Sham Tseng/ Tsing Yi for this weekend and Tin Hau/ Kennedy Town for the next.

Again I am only okay for dinner on 24 May. Lunch/ afternoon tea are fine everyday.

I don't have a car, so will be arriving by public transportation (or BYD e6 electric taxi!). Anyone with three spare seats going from the Tuen Mun area :rolleyes: ?

Speaking of the taxis, since I don't have a car (until I get the model S), it's train, bus, taxi, helicopter, walking, running or cycling for us. Since about a month or so, we have only taken taxis of the electric version (for any longer drive than ~50 HKD). As far as I know, there are no formal way to call one of the ~45 BYD e6 taxis, but we have three different mobile phone numbers we can call, and they will inquire within to get us a charged drive. If not available, they can get us an ordinary LPG taxi. PM me for access to these phone numbers, though I must say, Cantonese language skills are a plus!