Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD VIN assignment and delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I and at least 2 others I know of have P100D Xs in the U.K. which were not Signature and were delivered just at the end of Dec (28th in my case).
AP2 of course as are all RHD Xs, just waiting on the software...
Lots of Model X have been delivered to the UK. I suggest you join one of the Facebook groups (Tesla Owners Club or Tesla Owners Group) - you will get a lot of good information there.

Just heard a rumour in Japan and I'm not sure this applies to Europe RHD market, but...

In 2016 Q3, Tesla manufactured RHD model X as many as possible to anticipate delivery within Q4, but there were P100D orders as well as Signatures, which doesn't necessarily have 100kWh batteries. Fremont seemed to build P100D first then 90kWh Signatures (guess there is such configuration), causing Signatures to miss the boat for Q4 delivery. Tesla didn't want to deliver P100Ds before Signatures so they waited.

I think this is completely a rumour could be somebody's speculation, but at least this logically makes sense.

Sorry, that's not the case, I have an order for a Signature X P100D which was originally meant to be delivered mid-December and is now looking like late Jan/early Feb.

Initially, perhaps, but AP2 is intended to be more capable than AP1. See here:
Autopilot
"Enhanced Autopilot adds these new capabilities to the Tesla Autopilot driving experience. Your Tesla will match speed to traffic conditions, keep within a lane, automatically change lanes without requiring driver input, transition from one freeway to another, exit the freeway when your destination is near, self-park when near a parking spot and be summoned to and from your garage."

(My emphasis)

Exactly and my question is whether this technology would be allowed in England ? My BMW i3 when in auto steer and cruise must have both hands on the wheel or it shuts down and that is in slow traffic situation.

Does your MyTesla still say "Your Tesla has arrived at the Tilburg Factory in the Netherlands for final assembly. Your Tesla will soon be in transit to your delivery location." or has that change to a new message?
It still the Tillburg message although the delivery date has changed from 'Late Nov to early Dec delivery' to say '19th to 26th Jan'. I emailed today to say I wanted to confirm the 19th is still ok before paying & as yet have heard nothing - that's not unusual though, my DS isn't that great at responding to emails

Has your delivery date changed?

I've got 19th Jan pencilled in for delivery..
  • Estimated Delivery Range: January 15, 2017 - January 22, 2017

Ah ok, so maybe (hopefully) the system simply puts a delivery range of 7 days from the 1st day it can be collected on the assumption that everyone would be picking their car up within that timeframe.

Were you advised that your car would be ready from the 15th & the 19th is the first date you can do?

It still the Tillburg message although the delivery date has changed from 'Late Nov to early Dec delivery' to say '19th to 26th Jan'. I emailed today to say I wanted to confirm the 19th is still ok before paying & as yet have heard nothing - that's not unusual though, my DS isn't that great at responding to emails

Has your delivery date changed?

Mine still says Late December - January.
My DS rarely replies to emails, I just have to hound him on the phone...
Only 6 more sleeps til "X" mas day for you!

Ah ok, so maybe (hopefully) the system simply puts a delivery range of 7 days from the 1st day it can be collected on the assumption that everyone would be picking their car up within that timeframe.

Were you advised that your car would be ready from the 15th & the 19th is the first date you can do?

I am still awaiting a call from my DS to confirm date once the MX is in the country. My original date was 7th Jan 17

I just spoke to a DS (not sure if mine is avoiding me) and been told still at the end of the line in Tilburg, and takes 2 weeks to make its journey to the UK so absolutely earliest delivery if it left today would be 30th January!....
I've asked if i can delay delivery/registration to 1st March as I don't see the point in taking delivery in February on a 66 reg if I can wait 4 weeks to get a 17 reg....thats assuming the car is ready by March!!!

I just spoke to a DS (not sure if mine is avoiding me) and been told still at the end of the line in Tilburg, and takes 2 weeks to make its journey to the UK so absolutely earliest delivery if it left today would be 30th January!....
I've asked if i can delay delivery/registration to 1st March as I don't see the point in taking delivery in February on a 66 reg if I can wait 4 weeks to get a 17 reg....thats assuming the car is ready by March!!!

2 weeks to make it's journey from Tilburg to UK - can't be right, surely? The ferry journey between Rotterdam & Hull is an overnighter, so should be 2 days max from Tilburg to whichever UK port they use & then maybe a day or two more to distribute round the UK.

I am still awaiting a call from my DS to confirm date once the MX is in the country. My original date was 7th Jan 17

Just called my DS to say the portal says it's still in Tilburg & I didn't want to go & pay if the delivery date of the 19th is to be delayed & she said that it's at the service centre now & that they're definitely still expecting me on Thur - I had emailed her asking the same question which she never replied to. I reckon you chase your DS up. If mine's made it here, surely yours must have too?

2 weeks to make it's journey from Tilburg to UK - can't be right, surely? The ferry journey between Rotterdam & Hull is an overnighter, so should be 2 days max from Tilburg to whichever UK port they use & then maybe a day or two more to distribute round the UK.

Not sure if the 2 weeks includes clearing customs etc...either way not overly impressed with the whole experience.

I really worry that when the big german car companies catch up on electric technology and infrastructure Tesla will be in real trouble if they don't up their game when it comes to customer service.

Not sure if the 2 weeks includes clearing customs etc...either way not overly impressed with the whole experience.

I really worry that when the big german car companies catch up on electric technology and infrastructure Tesla will be in real trouble if they don't up their game when it comes to customer service.

I agree customer service is pretty poor at the post ordering stage. I, like most people on this thread I'd imagine ordered before the X was available in the US & so when the LHD models made their way over I was really excited to see one. They contacted me to book me in, next thing I know I'm getting a call cancelling the appointment because the X had been moved to another location. DS rarely if ever responds to emails. Enquiried about a Trade In, took forever to get any kind of response about that & after I turned it down they updated the system to say I was trading in.

Still, on the plus side whenever I've had cause to go in, before the staff even know that I've ordered an X they are all super friendly which is in stark contrast to whenever I go in any other luxury car showroom where I get completely ignored or treated with compete distain. So I'll give Tesla that one for customer service

I agree customer service is pretty poor at the post ordering stage. I, like most people on this thread I'd imagine ordered before the X was available in the US & so when the LHD models made their way over I was really excited to see one. They contacted me to book me in, next thing I know I'm getting a call cancelling the appointment because the X had been moved to another location. DS rarely if ever responds to emails. Enquiried about a Trade In, took forever to get any kind of response about that & after I turned it down they updated the system to say I was trading in.

Still, on the plus side whenever I've had cause to go in, before the staff even know that I've ordered an X they are all super friendly which is in stark contrast to whenever I go in any other luxury car showroom where I get completely ignored or treated with compete distain. So I'll give Tesla that one for customer service

Totally agree, 95 percent of the staff in stores are great! Really enthusiastic and will talk to you regardless of whether they think you're a potential customer or not. Tesla seem to recruit graduates and not your usual "car salesman", and that brings a great fresh energy. The downside is the customer service and customer interaction is not "polished". This is great pre-sale as you don't feel like you're being sold something, however falls down in all other areas.
We went to Luton Hoo to test drive the LHD Model X and even though the test drive was great it wasn't much of an event. No banners or signs so didn't where to go, no refreshments, walked in and just 5 guys sitting on laptops no real greeting, no goody bag to take away....was really different having been to numerous Porsche events etc.

But when is all said and done we bought into the product (and the company) warts and all, as long as I don't get a lemon i'll be a happy boy!

Same with test drive - was told to allow 90 mins & we were out for 30 tops. I got to put my foot down a bit (although not in ludicrous) & have a go at letting it drive itself round a bend which was cool but that was it, didn't get to play with the technology. Left feeling a bit deflated & wondering if I'd made a mistake! To be fair to the guy who did the test drive with me he did offer to sit & have a coffee with me & answer questions but I'd ordered the car months before - it was happening, I couldn't see the point in hanging around.

Anyway, this time in 3 days I will be in possession & am excited again, starting to get 'child at Xmas' butterflies. I am sure I've made the right decision to get one

Totally agree, 95 percent of the staff in stores are great! Really enthusiastic and will talk to you regardless of whether they think you're a potential customer or not. Tesla seem to recruit graduates and not your usual "car salesman", and that brings a great fresh energy. The downside is the customer service and customer interaction is not "polished". This is great pre-sale as you don't feel like you're being sold something, however falls down in all other areas.
We went to Luton Hoo to test drive the LHD Model X and even though the test drive was great it wasn't much of an event. No banners or signs so didn't where to go, no refreshments, walked in and just 5 guys sitting on laptops no real greeting, no goody bag to take away....was really different having been to numerous Porsche events etc.

But when is all said and done we bought into the product (and the company) warts and all, as long as I don't get a lemon i'll be a happy boy!
Same

Same with test drive - was told to allow 90 mins & we were out for 30 tops. I got to put my foot down a bit (although not in ludicrous) & have a go at letting it drive itself round a bend which was cool but that was it, didn't get to play with the technology. Left feeling a bit deflated & wondering if I'd made a mistake! To be fair to the guy who did the test drive with me he did offer to sit & have a coffee with me & answer questions but I'd ordered the car months before - it was happening, I couldn't see the point in hanging around.

Anyway, this time in 3 days I will be in possession & am excited again, starting to get 'child at Xmas' butterflies. I am sure I've made the right decision to get one

Same

Definitely the right decision!

Ironically the day after I requested to move delivery to March, My Tesla now says estimated delivery November - Early December???