Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD VIN assignment and delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It should be noted that tesla isn't building cars in exact vin order just because they don't want people to be able to see how fast they are producing. I belive that one in Sweden got a VIN number then his car when's in to production that was lower then cars that was for test drives so there is no meaning to try to see the factory pace by looking at VIN numbers.

Do you guys gave any country specific regulations that require different hardware, in addition to RHD? That would cause significant delay in production.

In Japan SUVs are required to be able to see left front blind spot with mirror, camera etc, so Tesla will need to do some additional hardware for type approval here. I personally would like front lower facing cameras under the side mirrors, with video feed to the center console, but it doesn't seem to have an external video input.

UK - RHD MX P100DL here

P90DL ordered on first possible date back in June (reserved a few months before), upgraded to P100DL the moment it was announced.

VIN showed up in My Tesla yesterday.

0245xx
Awesome! I ordered P90D in Aug then upgraded to P100D as soon as it came out .... not sure I have a VIN (prob not) but where should I look / where is it on My Tesla? Thanks

It looks like Tesla have deleted the delivery process guide page on their Australian website even though the link on the My Tesla page points to it for further info regarding what happens after the VIN has been assigned.
Hopefully this means they might be updating the page with good news about an impending delivery schedule!

Reactions: *KT*
It looks like Tesla have deleted the delivery process guide page on their Australian website even though the link on the My Tesla page points to it for further info regarding what happens after the VIN has been assigned.
Hopefully this means they might be updating the page with good news about an impending delivery schedule!

Yep same, mine goes to a 404 error now. Ooooh

i share your frustration.

i ordered my model x signature car 4.5 years ago, and was reservation sequence number 1.

I was the first paying, as well as first configuring customer in the UK. i should've had the first model x in the uk.

but due to mistakes on tesla's part, i have been totally screwed. i will not have the first one. (and not for the first time, i might add. they did this to me for my Roadster order too).

i still don't even have a build date, and when i do eventually see a build date, they're not going to backdate it to the front of the queue like they should do, considering how badly they've screwed me on delivery date !

they don't seem to care. nor seem willing to undo the damage.

I've actually been penalised for being their earliest and most loyal customer. its actually upsetting to have pre-paid 30,000 pounds, 4.5 years ago, and for the priority of my order to be completely and utterly ignored! other signature cars, as well as non-signature cars will be built and delivered before mine, that should've been the first. WTF !!

Aerobatic, what spec have you ordered? Is it the same situation as usual that Tesla prioritise the higher margin cars?

my model x is also a premium (and presumably the highest margin car they sell). Its a Signature Model X, with all options included. they don't seem to be prioritising premium cars. well, not in my case anyway. they seem to have completely ignored their own priority system, and can't admit when they've made a mistake, and don't seem willing nor able to fix it, when they've discovered their mistake.