Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rhino Hide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
G'Day All,

One location in Model S that can use a layer of Rhino Hide (OPVC) is the aluminium inserts in the driver's and passenger side door sills. These would be pretty prone to scratching. Just carefully roll on a strip of this stuff and trim around the edges. When it wears, strip off and replace. The tape is clear and keeps the metal looking like new.

Regards,
Gary

Great tip, thanks.
Another part I found prone to damage is the door pillar leather / plastic being scraped by my jeans studs on the way in. I cut a small square of cloth tape (matches almost perfectly) and placed it at the strategic position. No more scratches.

- - - Updated - - -

G'Day All,

One location in Model S that can use a layer of Rhino Hide (OPVC) is the aluminium inserts in the driver's and passenger side door sills. These would be pretty prone to scratching. Just carefully roll on a strip of this stuff and trim around the edges. When it wears, strip off and replace. The tape is clear and keeps the metal looking like new.

Regards,
Gary
where do you get rhino hide?

Great tip, thanks.
Another part I found prone to damage is the door pillar leather / plastic being scraped by my jeans studs on the way in. I cut a small square of cloth tape (matches almost perfectly) and placed it at the strategic position. No more scratches.

- - - Updated - - -

where do you get rhino hide?

That is is definitely a high wear area. The model S car they had on display at Shepherds Bush in London when I went in there a couple of years ago was worn right through in that area. A display car obviously gets a lot more in and out movements than your average car, but it still highlighted the issue.