Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rial Lugano lugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a beautiful set of the KBA 47892 Rial Lugano OE 19" wheels recently.
Not sure I trust the lugs with them due really small mating surface.
So wondering what lugs people are using with theirs.
Anyone got a set of Gorilla Nuts they are happy with on these rims?
Or what other branded lugs are people using?
All input gratefully received.

I've been using the same nuts that came with the car on Slipstreams in 2017 (newer open design) on my Rial Lugano winter wheel set. I asked the wheel dealer about correct lug nut shape (round or cone), as I had concern in the beginning. Especially when new, the torque felt "soft" towards end, but I think it was either the studs or the wheels breaking in. Dealer double checked with importer/manufacturer and Tesla OEM lug nuts fit. I've installed them now 4 times without any problems, and torque is now more "firm". It still differs from e.g. VAG bolts that torque very firmly towards end. May be a feature of using studs and lug nuts rather than bolts altogether.

Reactions: ev-now
I've been using the same nuts that came with the car on Slipstreams in 2017 (newer open design) on my Rial Lugano winter wheel set. I asked the wheel dealer about correct lug nut shape (round or cone), as I had concern in the beginning. Especially when new, the torque felt "soft" towards end, but I think it was either the studs or the wheels breaking in. Dealer double checked with importer/manufacturer and Tesla OEM lug nuts fit. I've installed them now 4 times without any problems, and torque is now more "firm". It still differs from e.g. VAG bolts that torque very firmly towards end. May be a feature of using studs and lug nuts rather than bolts altogether.
Thanks for the detail. Rial actually responded to me today, confirming the same - Tesla OEM. They also sent me a nice detailed document, apologizing for it being in German, that seems to confirm certification of the wheels was with the Tesla original OEM lugs. The ones TireRack supplied with the wheels to the prior owner were way, way smaller contact area which is why I asked.
Many thanks @Saimaannorppa.

Reactions: Saimaannorppa