Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
".../ By Lawrence Adams - 10th June 2017 /...

.../ The Grand Tour producers released a statement on Twitter stating that Hammond was indeed involved in the Rimac crash, and was able to climb out of the car himself before it burst into flames. Upon medical examinations at the hospital it is report that Hammond has only suffered a fractured knee, with the cause of the crash now being investigated."

Source:
Grand Tour Presenter Richard Hammond Injured in Rimac Fire at Hemberg Hill Climb - GTspirit

Sigh...

Last edited:
Hammond discusses crash with Rimac CEO, Mate Rimac.

Great interview. I also liked the introduction to Rimac. Very well designed. Lots of little details about its design that I appreciate. Of course, expensive. But, for instance, it doesn't loose power when going long distances at high speeds. Also, it tells you what's going on inside it so you can monitor its capacities. The Tesla didn't tell me anything when going long distance other than a dotted line on the dash that was up to interpretation.

I somehow think the Rimac is not the most comfortable car out there from its descriptions and movies. Also, because of its quality designs and low numbers, it must be pretty expensive.