TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Richmond free parking

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Ben_Sh, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Ben_Sh

Ben_Sh Member

A fyi for any Tesla owners in Richmond, London. Have just had my Richmond card updated to reflect owning an EV which means free parking in the borough. Tried it on pay and display and it works a treat, yet to try it on a barriered car park! Will report back when I do. Saved me £6.45 the other day for 2hrs parking.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. Mr Miserable

Mr Miserable Supporting Member

And if you park on a meter in Westminster, you only need pay for 10 mins to get 4 hours parking, which is nice.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. roadcred

roadcred Member

is that using your Richmond card or for anybody with an EV?

4. Cogarch

Cogarch Member

Anyone with an EV. Although in the course of a year when I worked in Paddington and parked my eGolf there every day I got about ten erroneous parking tickets...

5. freekie

freekie Member

Don’t forget to display. First time I used my upgraded card I put the ticket in my pocket :( !

6. freekie

freekie Member

Do you need to do anything special or do t the meters state that you only pay for 10 mins?

7. Mr Miserable

Mr Miserable Supporting Member

No You don't need to do anything
    It's all on their website here

8. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

I'm sure LBRUT will screw you some other way - they still owe me £27 from when some incompetent idiot crawled up some bureaucrats arse - it soon became apparent that life is too short to get involved and try and recover it.

9. Generator

Generator Member

Residents only for the Richmond parking discount. F3D3D22E-07CD-4515-B494-CC3578B50523.jpeg