TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Richmond VA - ALL Non-Employee Deliveries on HOLD

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by mattreidy, Jan 31, 2018.

1. mattreidy

mattreidy Member

FYI - If you're waiting for a delivery in Richmond, VA - all non-employee Model 3 deliveries are on hold at this location. If you want your car sooner change delivery to another location like Tyson's corner...

2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Any reason given for why this particular location is on hold?

3. mattreidy

mattreidy Member

Unfortunately no, but since it's a relatively new location I think we can assume it's training or equipment related.

After a lot of pushing, my inside delivery guy in Vegas finally went up the chain to ask and confirmed today. I requested delivery location change today as well and a few hours later, I have a VIN after waiting over 3 weeks for one...

• Informative x 1
  4. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Congratulations and glad they were able to change pickup location... hopefully, it's not too far out of the way for you.

• Like x 1
  5. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

At the legislative event last evening, I was told that the Richmond location was certified for Model 3 deliveries that day and deliveries can begin there around the 19th or so. That is around when new vehicles being assigned VINs would be able to arrive in Tyson’s so probably no need to get assigned to Tyson’s anymore.

• Like x 1
  6. mattreidy

mattreidy Member

Thanks!

I'm being told my delivery to Tyson's around 2/11 - not sure I want to "risk" switching back now... they might charge me $500 to do so too...

• Like x 1
  7. se210

se210 Member

:)

8. se210

se210 Member

Anyone knows when they plan to have one on display at glen allen?

9. mattreidy

mattreidy Member

Nope. But I’ll have mine on 2/18 and it’s for sale. List price. White. All options except Full Autonomy. $59500.

10. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

To clarify, apparently VIN matching starts for Richmond deliveries around the 19th, not that deliveries themselves start at that time.

Now I have to decide on PPF or nanosealants or whatever... I'm not sure I'm going to spring for XPEL again.

11. se210

se210 Member

Nope, will wait, was push back to June-August.

12. cbflip2000

cbflip2000 Member

I received my VIN and currently taking delivery on the 19th at Glen Allen, VA. Can’t wait any longer but it’s finally coming !

13. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

Awesome. I dropped by the Glen Allen location on Friday and apparently the first shipment is arriving Tuesday or Wednesday, much earlier than my DS indicated. Mine should be in that batch.