Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Richmond Virginia Supercharger location confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
'Twas really nice to see everyone. It was a terrific turnout and we definitely turned some heads. I counted 33 Model S's + 1 Roadster.

Big kudos to the contractors that got this site up and running in such short time. They even had to do bricklaying in the rain with tarps and heaters.

MMC_1924.jpg
MMC_1927.jpg
MMC_1931.jpg

Here are the rest of my photos:

RVA Tesla Supercharger Opening - a set on Flickr

Posted in YET ANOTHER thread about this Richmond site: videos of all the speeches!

James Chen, Tesla Motors
Senator A. Donald McEachin, Virginia Senate
Jim Cheng, Virginia Secretary of Commerce
Ribbon cutting ceremony with property management rep

Richmond super charger ribbon cutting ceremony - October 24, 2013 - *video*

I thought it would be easier for people who have a general interest in the super chargers to find the videos in a separate thread. If I live in Ohio I doubt I would go through pages of posts about scouting the Richmond location. But hearing what Tesla said at a ribbon cutting ceremony might be of broader interest.

Anyway, all the videos are working now. The thumbnail might not be because of caching, but click on it and it will work.

Andrew

Reactions: jthompson
Impressive! Was that a New York plate I saw in there? Sorry I missed out; kudos to everyone for waving the Tesla flag. I'll be checking the supercharger out on 10/30. Also planning on hitting the opening of the Rocky Mount SC as my Mom lives 20 miles away.

That would be me! I drove down to MD Wednesday to visit a friend and joined the caravan from Dale City Thursday morning to the Richmond opening! Spent some time with my sister and nieces in Richmond for the afternoon and drove home last night!

Had a blast! Have now been down to Richmond, VA 3 times since getting my car and VA Beach this summer!

Aaron