Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rick's Model S Front Lighted T - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone tell me how to make this work with both DRL's and headlights? I have no need for a controller. Perhaps even always on whenever the car is powered on (off when off). This T is just too nice to see it only with headlights. Per a post above, do I need a diode? What type of diode and how do I hook it up?

I am in the same boat I decided that I will run from the fuse box using Addafuse for the dim option and power from the headlights for a Full Bright.

I do not want a controller but still want the T dimmer with driving lights and full with headlights.

Do I need to use the 1N4001 as in the schematic between the Headlight and fuse box wires + the two resistors in line from the fuse box wire

Lighted-T-Schematic_medium1-1024x803.jpg

Or can I just run wire from the fuse box (using the two the resistors) and tap into the wire coming from the headlights not using the 1N4001

Lighted-T-Schematic_medium1-1024x803.jpg

Out or curiosity what purpose does the 1N4001 Diode serve?

Also any links to the resistors and Diode or does someone have any spare from there install?

I found the 800 ohm 1/4 watt on Flea Bay but cannot locate a 1800 1/4 watt unless I buy 5000

Thanks
Steve

Last edited: