Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rick's Model S Front Lighted T - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

artsci, I just went through the instructions and just wanted to clarify one or two things. I think I know the answer, but just to be sure.
If I want to get my power from the headlight or DRL, can I still use the Oznium controller?
If I get my power from the headlight or DRL wire, then I do not need the add-a-fuse?

Also, Peanut butter works well to remove adhesive.

Last edited:
For those of us who are not DYI inclined but would like to tackle this project can someone give us link to what we need. This is what I have so far:

Turtle Wax T-529 Label & Sticker Remover - 10 oz

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M3F5CO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Lockitt POSI-TAP Assortment pack wire connectors 10-22 awg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CMC5DII/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2Q32NH2TXUFG5

Anyone know the size of the spade connector and link? Also the proper gauge wire and link?

I will do the simple tap to headlight power.

Anyone have experience with completely removing the Sig nose cone? I seem to remember that the Sig's came with what were called 3 part nose cones. So far I've only seen the small mid section removed on mine by a Ranger to show me how to access the 12V jumper terminals.

Also curious how visible the Lighted T is during times that only the running lights are on (ie should I go for the headlight, or the running light power connection?)

Artsci also sent an e-mail out this morning with a new link to an Amazon wish list for associated tools and fittings:

(Edited 2-5-14 to remove dysfunctional link)

but it is still not working for me ("0 items in this view")

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with completely removing the Sig nose cone? I seem to remember that the Sig's came with what were called 3 part nose cones. So far I've only seen the small mid section removed on mine by a Ranger to show me how to access the 12V jumper terminals.

Also curious how visible the Lighted T is during times that only the running lights are on (ie should I go for the headlight, or the running light power connection?)

Artsci also sent an e-mail out this morning with a new link to an Amazon wish list for associated tools and fittings:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1E562IFG73BRO/ref=cm_sw_em_r_wsl_kT47sb1YZV5HN_wb

That wish list is empty. I wonder if someone buy's items off of someone else's wish list if that *removes* the item from their wish list?? kinda like wedding registries? (except that they usually show the item as bought instead of removing it completely).

Tesla Lighted T

That wish list is empty. I wonder if someone buy's items off of someone else's wish list if that *removes* the item from their wish list?? kinda like wedding registries? (except that they usually show the item as bought instead of removing it completely).

Yes. Rick sent out a new list via an HTML attachment. Use that instead.

Rick- maybe you should edit the previous posts to remove the link to avoid confusion.

Where can we get this new HTML file from?

Here:

file:///Users/hesel/Desktop/Lighted%20T%20install%20paarts%20and%20tools.html

And the install instructions:

Installation of Model S Lighted T for nosecone.pdf - Google Drive

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1E562IFG73BRO/ref=cm_sw_em_r_wsl_kT47sb1YZV5HN_wb

See the html file top for the parts and tools list on Amazon.

This production version is brighter than the betas but as I did not keep one of the first production batch for my own car one of the new installers will haves to tell us all how bright it is.

If anyone installs this using the DRL method, please post pics. For now, this seems like the way I'm going to go, though Rick said that the T may not be bright enough to be noticeable during the daytime. Then again, he also said the production units are brighter than the betas.

Actually, even if you install with any method, some pics would be nice in varying light conditions. I won't be able to install 'til next week it seems, so some feedback would be appreciated. If the T is not significantly visible during the day, I'll just go with headlights.

Rick may be very creative, but seems to be lacking computer skills today lol

I confess, my computer skills are not the greatest but the way Amazon has this set up is, shall we say, something short of ridiculous if you want to make the list public to a larger group of people. When someone ordered an item on the list it was removed from the list, as if they had bough it for me. So it's more like a wedding, Christmas, or birthday gift list for friends and family, and not well conceived for this purpose.

The html file, which I email to all the first-round buyers, was the only quick solution I could come up with, and I didn't have time to pull together a linked list as pgiralt did (thanks!)

How long should the install take without the remote so that it only goes on when the headlights are on? I got a quote today for 3 hours. That seems high. Let me know if you have installed it how long it should take. thanks.

Anyone have experience with completely removing the Sig nose cone?
FYI: Per an e-mail from Rick, apparently the curvature of the emblem on the Sigs is different than those on the later production models; therefore, the current lighted T won't fit on a Sig with the original nose cone. It's in the fine print up top, but I didn't read that carefully enough.

How long should the install take without the remote so that it only goes on when the headlights are on? I got a quote today for 3 hours. That seems high. Let me know if you have installed it how long it should take. thanks.

3 hours??!! That sounds like too much for a professional. A pro should be able to do this in about an hour I would think. The longest part is likely the removal of the T with the dental floss. Opening the panel in the Frunk and finding/tapping into the wire should take 5 minutes. Drilling the holes: 5 minutes. Crimping the wires and taping them down: 5-10 minutes. An amateur should be able to do the whole thing in under an hour, going slowly and carefully.

FYI: Per an e-mail from Rick, apparently the curvature of the emblem on the Sigs is different than those on the later production models; therefore, the current lighted T won't fit on a Sig with the original nose cone. It's in the fine print up top, but I didn't read that carefully enough.
Rick do you have a plan in the works for Sigs? Thanks.