Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ride comfort - Wheel Size?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm well aware that "Ride comfort" is subjective and the rubber also makes a difference, but I'm curious if anyone has compared the 19" Gemini vs the 20" Induction weeks - specifically in the area of ride comfort?

The range difference isn't important, nor is the looks, just optimizing for ride comfort where possible. I've read a LOT online and some reviews say the 19" are more comfortable and some say the 20". When the order was put in only the 20" were available but if they are noticeably less comfortable, I might see about getting that changed out before delivery.

Taller sidewalls are smoother, so the 19" will be smoother in general. Naturally the particular tire matters.

There's room for 255/50r19 Quatrac Pro, which rides even smoother.
Exactly this. Upsize the tire from that which comes standard (on any wheel size) for added comfort. Added benefit of lessening the off-road SUV-esque wheel gap comes for free! Both ride and aesthetics are improved! Win! Good luck.

Reactions: ShakataGaNai
Try fill in nitrogen, the ride quality is better and does not affect pressure in cold and hot temperatures.
There is a lot of confusion about filling with nitrogen. Nitrogen won't have any discernable benefits in ride quality or temperature/ pressure stability compared to natural air in normal driving environments.

When racing with very hot tires, the drier air can help a bit with pressure stability. There may be a bit slower pressure loss (measured over months), but those effects won't result in a smoother ride. The tire pressure will still vary with temperature.

Last edited: