Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ride Feel - PUP suspension and tire/wheel swaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right now you can't get the performance model Y without the PUP. Also last I read unlike the Model 3 the smaller wheels for the model Y, 19" Gemini wheels (and probably the 20" induction) will fit onto the PUP variant. With that being said I was wondering the following:

• Has anyone driven both variants and compared the ride quality of the two? How much of a difference was there?
  • If I got a PUP Model Y, but then swapped on smaller tires (thinking specifically of the 19" Gemini), how does the ride quality compare versus a non-performance Model Y?
I'm not going to be buying/trading in anytime soon, but I was just wondering for curiosity's sake. Thanks!

Reactions: parkds_nyc
Ive been in both. Maybe if I spent alot of time in one and went to the other I would really notice the difference but I normally drive a 3/4 ram, my wife has a lrawd y and I rode in a friends performace. Neither seemed alot different to me but I am not super fussy. Not like going from my Ram to the Tesla.