Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ride height uneven

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is everyone's car ride height even between left and right side. I'm not sure if this is "within spec", but my passenger rear wheel gap is about 1/2" higher than driver's side. I've checked in numerous places to try to rule out uneven surfaces and it's pretty consistent. I've also checked at different ride heights also. Just trying to get an idea if it's typical to have 1/2" variation between sides.

Is everyone's car ride height even between left and right side. I'm not sure if this is "within spec", but my passenger rear wheel gap is about 1/2" higher than driver's side. I've checked in numerous places to try to rule out uneven surfaces and it's pretty consistent. I've also checked at different ride heights also. Just trying to get an idea if it's typical to have 1/2" variation between sides.

It's not uncommon but if you're in doubt; take it to the service center and request a "ride height calibration"

I have a similar issue with the rear of my X being lower than the front.

I have an appt at the service center today to have this looked at along with the shudder under hard acceleration.

@Yinn - I’ll ask about the “ride height calibration” too. That’s good info to have.

to update my status on this thread with the rear of my X being lower that the front. i had the X over at the service center to remedy this issue along with the shudder.

to fix the uneven ride height:
they found left rear air strut was leaking, replaced both rear air struts, found left ride height sensor was bent, replaced sensor and calibrated ride height
air suspension height sensor ASY RR LH
air spring module rear LH
air spring module rear RH

all fixed now and all of it was covered under warranty with no cost to me.

i would not want to own any vehicle with an air suspension without as long of a warranty as possible. in fact im convinced i will be getting an extended warranty via Telsa too when the time approaches.

no matter what car manufacturer, these air suspension components are all subject to failure sooner or later and always expensive to fix.

Mercedes AMG had the reputation for super expensive air spring replacements. For Tesla they are much less expensive plus are readily available used 3rd party from dismantelers.

The air suspension that Tesla uses is many generations advanced from what Mercedes used to use.

Do not see that many posts re airbag replacements.

i would not want to own any vehicle with an air suspension without as long of a warranty as possible. in fact im convinced i will be getting an extended warranty via Telsa too when the time approaches.

no matter what car manufacturer, these air suspension components are all subject to failure sooner or later and always expensive to fix.

The same goes for any motorized component. The complexity of the X is a massive mean time between failure example. It's also what makes it really cool. But I expect my Model S without power lift gate, w/o air suspension, w/o sunroof, w/o power doors, to be much more reliable.

to update my status on this thread with the rear of my X being lower that the front. i had the X over at the service center to remedy this issue along with the shudder.

to fix the uneven ride height:
they found left rear air strut was leaking, replaced both rear air struts, found left ride height sensor was bent, replaced sensor and calibrated ride height
air suspension height sensor ASY RR LH
air spring module rear LH
air spring module rear RH

all fixed now and all of it was covered under warranty with no cost to me.
Just noticed 3 days ago the rear ride height of 2018 MX75D is uneven. The passenger side has an obvious 'sag' at all right height settings.
I think I am hitting the same issue as you. Service appt scheduled just in time. Getting down to the wire with my 4yr warranty.