Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ridiculous road rage caught on cam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(not my video, it's been forwarded to me)

"Full video" to keep incident in context, actual incident starts at 2:05

the "full video" may not show the whole story, but this is definitely something we can do without...

What I don't understand from the video is why the Tesla driver wanted to cut into the left lane behind the bus and in front of the car with the cam (or the SUV / van) at that section of the road? There is a clear 2-3m stretch of almost empty road in front of the bus follow by the left turn, is it a safer and easier way to turn left by overtaking the bus first (esp. with Tesla's performance)?

Reactions: Ulmo
What I don't understand from the video is why the Tesla driver wanted to cut into the left lane behind the bus and in front of the car with the cam (or the SUV / van) at that section of the road? There is a clear 2-3m stretch of almost empty road in front of the bus follow by the left turn, is it a safer and easier way to turn left by overtaking the bus first (esp. with Tesla's performance)?

I think he wanted to take the exit at the 2:16 mark, but was forced to drive on to the next one. That exit actually looks closed, but he wouldn't have seen that.

I think the car with the cam wanted to pull out to overtake the coach immediately after the double white lines (@2.05mins you can see the slight movement to the right) and got in the way of the Tesla. So the Tesla started to play games..... some people have no patience.

Neither driver was appropriate, I think. If this were sports with balls in a field and no machines, OK, but this is public roads with big cars, so the same rules don't apply. I stopped watching as soon as I made that determination, because it had already gone past where I thought was appropriate, from either side.

Where it started bad was when the dashcam car didn't leave enough room between themselves and the bus, and then didn't open up correctively when another car came in for merging. Even if done accidentally, there was ample time there to eventually correct for this behavior. (The dashcam driver continued making problems by intentionally blocking and then intentionally persuing the Tesla, and once I determined both were acting bad, I just stopped watching.)

The Tesla driver was awful by any measure. I've seen lots of very good Tesla drivers here in Silicon Valley and areas surrounding, so it is not something about Tesla that caused this, but something about the driver that caused this. Maybe the Tesla driver was having a bad day and just went ape bat nuts. But, it was not OK driving. If I were King, I'd give the Tesla driver a day in jail, a ticket for driving under the influence of being emotionally disturbed, and 2 year driving probation of requiring 360º high definition dashcam footage of all that person's driving, plus pay for people to go over all the driving footage and make certain the driver not do anything like that again or even close to it during the probationary period, subject to extension, further tickets, imprisonment and suspension of privileges.

If I were King, I'd also finish watching the video and determine penalties for the other (dashcam) driver, as well. But I'm not, so I can't stomach the fighting period of the video.

Silver lining: there's so many Tesla's now, that we have all kinds of drivers.

Last edited:
I think he wanted to take the exit at the 2:16 mark, but was forced to drive on to the next one. That exit actually looks closed, but he wouldn't have seen that.

Yes, that exit was closed, for around 19 years. And yes, nothing happened in these 19 years, welcome to Hong Kong.

And yes, this is far from American standard road rage. In Hong Kong we have so many police on the road they are few minutes away from a phone call. People here at most swear or give their fingers. You won't see police chase (as shown on America TV) here often. It only happens less than 3 times per year on average.

But since Hong Kong is a small city and we have so much more traffic everywhere. What is shown in the video is rather dangerous here. I hope the video owner will report this to the police, rather than putting it online and labeling all other Tesla drivers "crazy"