TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

right blinker doesn't click or show indicator arrow on display

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by tanker5, Dec 2, 2015.

1. tanker5

tanker5 Member

I picked up my 70D yesterday. I love it. But while driving last night I noticed that my right blinker doesn't make the same clicking sound my left blinker makes. It also does not show the green arrow indication on the display like the left blinker does. This means that I have no indication that if it's on or not. While I was supercharging, I got out of the car and verified that the lights did come on (front right blinker, side Tesla logo blinker and rear blinker). Also, when my flashers are on, only the left arrow shows up, not the right arrow.

Anyone experience this?? If so, how was it fixed and how quickly was it fixed?? I called Tesla and they said that my service center will call me. I was planning on taking a road trip next week with the car, but if it's going to be at the service center long I'm gonna have to cancel my trip.

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Did you try rebooting both screens yet? Basically, press and hold both steering wheel scroll bars for ten seconds and release. Then repeat with the top button right above each scroll wheel. If it still won't activate, time for service.

3. tanker5

tanker5 Member

Yes. I tried rebooting both screens. I called tesla last night and they tried to troubleshoot. They said they are passing the info along to my service center.

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Unless you want to try pulling the fuse for the computer (you will have to search the forums, I don't know what fuse it is), then the SvC is your only choice at this point. And even pulling the fuse, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging back in may not fix it.

5. tanker5

tanker5 Member

I have a service center appointment this week. I'm a little bummed because I was planning on showing the car to some relatives this week, but I guess I'll just have to show them the loaner.