Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right blinker is blinking fast like it’s out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ebmcs03

Dec 22, 2017
So Cal
Anyone seen this? My right blinker today has started blinking really fast acting like the the bulb is burnt out, similar to how old school blinkers are. But i checked both front and black blinker. They both work.

Only the right side is blinking really fast. The left side is normal.

Dumb auto correct: how to I edit the title to fix blinking

Last edited:
Anyone seen this? My right blinker today has started blinking really fast acting like the the bulb is burnt out, similar to how old school blinkers are. But i checked both front and black blinker. They both work.

You can report the post to have a mod fix the title!

As for the actual issue, you could call national support and see if examining the logs would give any insight.

Someone else on TMC just had same issue with left blinker.
Link to thread and resolution:
Final update- they gave it a firmware update and that fixed it immediately :D

The quote at the end of my post includes a red up arrow that links to the thread it is from. :rolleyes:
In this case post #13 of the thread @PoitNarf referenced.
Thanks, I do see that now. On mobile, that’s a really small up-arrow. :D

Lol and still doesn’t say what firmware. Probably the most critical piece of info around here since it changes so much.

Reactions: mongo
I scheduled an appointment with the local Tesla service center yesterday. Today they were reviewing the appointments and manually pushed the 24.1 update to my car. Called me and left a voicemail telling me to update the car software and let them know if it fixed the issue. 3 mins after I completed the update they called back and told me they saw that the updated completed and to check LoL.

Sure enough the OTA was able to update the headlight firmware. No need to goto the service center.

Reactions: PoitNarf and mongo
I scheduled an appointment with the local Tesla service center yesterday. Today they were reviewing the appointments and manually pushed the 24.1 update to my car. Called me and left a voicemail telling me to update the car software and let them know if it fixed the issue. 3 mins after I completed the update they called back and told me they saw that the updated completed and to check LoL.

Sure enough the OTA was able to update the headlight firmware. No need to goto the service center.

Glad to hear it was easily resolved with an update! Also jealous that you got 2018.24.1...

Reactions: ebmcs03