Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right front and rear windows do not lower

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With warm weather finally here I tried roiling down my right front and rear windows. They don't not respond to the driver-side control or the door controls on the right front and rear doors. As I don't use these windows often I can wait until the end of the month when my one year service is scheduled.

But I'm curious if anyone has suggestions about a possible fix.

I haven't checked the fuses but I will do that ASAP. But I can't imagine why they'd be blown.

Last edited:
The 2 side windows could have been roasted by the sun, then the seals stuck as the motor began, blowing the fuse(s). Silicone spray on these seals would help with the stickiness, as it does with icing issues. Just a WAG.
--

Always good to try a reboot.

Tried that but on wycolo's advice will check the fuses.

- - - Updated - - -

The 2 side windows could have been roasted by the sun, then the seals stuck as the motor began, blowing the fuse(s). Silicone spray on these seals would help with the stickiness, as it does with icing issues. Just a WAG.
--

I'll check the fuses.

Have you ever had a passenger in the car? If so, the window motor must have worked at some point; otherwise it would have been difficult to open the door.

Yes, and I do open both doors on that side. But your question reminded me that the front passenger door handle was extended yesterday and I could not open the door. Suggests to me a blown fuse. Will check it all out when I'm back home tonight.

Have you checked your "window lock" button? I don't know if that affects the driver's controls as well.

Solved the problem this am. I checked all of the related fuses: 28 (right rear window lift motor), 30 (right front window lift motor), and 32 (right side door controls). Fuses 28 and 30 were fine, but fuse 32 was missing. Weird. It can't jump out of the slot by itself :) so I must have removed it unintentionally in one of my recent forays into Fuse Box #2. Go figure.

Solved the problem this am. I checked all of the related fuses: 28 (right rear window lift motor), 30 (right front window lift motor), and 32 (right side door controls). Fuses 28 and 30 were fine, but fuse 32 was missing. Weird. It can't jump out of the slot by itself :) so I must have removed it unintentionally in one of my recent forays into Fuse Box #2. Go figure.

I do recall a few early posts suggesting that on occasion, some fuses were loose in the box. But if you were playing in the fuse box with various forays, I concur with you. :) Glad you see you got it fixed.

I do recall a few early posts suggesting that on occasion, some fuses were loose in the box. But if you were playing in the fuse box with various forays, I concur with you. :) Glad you see you got it fixed.

I checked my fuse box about a year ago when I heard of this "loose fuse" thing and sure enough, most of them were not seated fully. If it did pop out, I would think it should have been inside the box somewhere.

The doors opening was resolved with the new door handles that do not fully extend until you pull them. I don't know of anyone who has had doors spontaneously opening with the new handles.

5.9 removes the feature to roll down windows if you hold the key fob button.