Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right Pillar Camera Blocked or Blinded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happens to me also. Sometimes one camera, sometimes another. Happens in the morning when there is dew/condensation on the car. Needless to say, I just ignore it. However, what happens in FSD mode? Does the car not move -- "my camera is blocked, whine whine whine, I'm not going to go until you unblock my camera". ;)

It appears that each camera should have a camera heater. For the past several weeks, it was below the dew-point when I left the house at 6:30am. And every morning the car complains about some camera being blocked. For people that live where it actually gets cold, the cameras could be blocked by real ice.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

Reactions: hcdavis3
This happens to me also. Sometimes one camera, sometimes another. Happens in the morning when there is dew/condensation on the car. Needless to say, I just ignore it. However, what happens in FSD mode? Does the car not move -- "my camera is blocked, whine whine whine, I'm not going to go until you unblock my camera". ;)

It appears that each camera should have a camera heater. For the past several weeks, it was below the dew-point when I left the house at 6:30am. And every morning the car complains about some camera being blocked. For people that live where it actually gets cold, the cameras could be blocked by real ice.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021
This is why I question FSD ever working on a vision only Tesla

Reactions: e645824 and sckor