Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right Pillar Camera Blocked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
was raining on the road and then seeing this today
IMG_3379.jpg

after I back home, see water fog inside the cam, guess its a seal issue, set a service appointment to see what's going on there

IMG_3380.jpg

They won't replace the camera. On really humid days condensation can form inside the pillar camera as they are not sealed units. It should go away on it's own after 10-15 minutes. You'll get this if you've been parked in a car and drive outside into humid conditions, at least that's when I've noticed it.

Same thing happened to me this morning, the right door pillar camera is fogged from yesterday rain. This happen every time there is a lot of rain, What is odd, it is always the right door camera that has this problem. Never a problem with the left door camera

I noticed this message at sun rise or sun set when the sun is just above the horizon and some of the cameras get blinded.
This - condensation on either the inside or the outside can cause this. Direct sunlight will make it worse. Even a dirty car - lots of dust combined with sunlight can blind the camera. If you think about the times when you drive straight into the sun, it’s nearly impossible to see and you have to drive slowly and essentially use shadows to figure out where to drive, the car has the same issue but not the same abilities as your brain.

I can definitely replicate this issue. At sunrise or sunset with the sun at a pretty low angle, I get the blinded message depending on what side of the car the sun is, that is which one errors. It also causes windshield wiper odd behavior when driving straight into a low sun. I love that the message says to wait until it clears up… uh, so in an hour I can get to work? Sure the boss will be fine with that. o_O