TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Right power mirror behaving strangely/stuck in folded position

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by GoBlue88, Dec 3, 2014.

1. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

Driving home this evening I noticed that the right power mirror was angled up. So I hit my driver profile and it reset to the correct position. A few minutes later I noticed it was angled up again. This time hitting my profile did nothing, except I noticed a very soft, very high-pitched squealing sound for just a second. This sound repeated every time I tried to manually adjust the mirror with the hard buttons on the driver's side door. I also tried folding the mirrors in and it folded in. However now it won't fold out - it is stuck in the folded position. As a last resort I tried rebooting the center screen. That didn't fix it. The left mirror is behaving normally.

Not sure if this is a coincidence, but we've also had more rain here in the last 2 days than in all the days since I took delivery back in May combined. There's a lot of water that has been hitting the car.

Anybody seen this before? A cursory search of the forums isn't turning up anything for me.

2. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

So...I take it by the crickets in this thread that nobody has seen this before. Taking it to the service center on Saturday.