Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right side bolt pop while trying to loosen to install mud flap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bolt is loose and rattling when I drive now, not sure how to remove it / fix it. I have a service appointment in 2 weeks will they fix it or try to charge me an arm and a leg? Car has 290 miles on it and I don’t think I can take this rattling forever.

Wish I googled more before I tried this.

The bolt is loose and rattling when I drive now, not sure how to remove it / fix it. I have a service appointment in 2 weeks will they fix it or try to charge me an arm and a leg? Car has 290 miles on it and I don’t think I can take this rattling forever.

Wish I googled more before I tried this.
Service appointment fixed mine for free. Be courteous and ask for it

They should be able to take care of this for free. I had the same issue. My car was in service last week due to other minor issues. They manage to get the broken screw out, but I guess they didn't have the parts to fix it. So, there is a pop in pin there for now.
They are going to send me a mobile when they receive the parts, but I don't think this is mobile job as the spot weld on the bracket inside is snapped off. The bracket needs to be replaced, and that requires removing the entire bumper. Not sure if mobile service can do that, I could be wrong.

Is this the bolt on the underside in the rear? Both of mine broke on the inside. I ended up snipping the mudflaps so they could squeeze in between the bolt and the bumper like a shim and it seems to work ok.
I just did the exact same thing as you. I managed to install 3 with ease and the last one... this happened. I cut the mudflaps so it can slide inbetween the car and the bolt. Are you still having no issues with this? I'm kind of scared so I actually sent a photo to Tesla service to see if they can fix it? I already have an appointment with them to fix other things since I just got the car

I just did the exact same thing as you. I managed to install 3 with ease and the last one... this happened. I cut the mudflaps so it can slide inbetween the car and the bolt. Are you still having no issues with this? I'm kind of scared so I actually sent a photo to Tesla service to see if they can fix it? I already have an appointment with them to fix other things since I just got the car
No issues so far. Got the car in late December.