Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right side of horn not working - service appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I hit the horn on the center, or left side, the horn works, but on the right side it doesn't. I used the app to set an appointment. The app asked where I would prefer mobile service, then it asked my preferred service center location.
I can't figure out whether I made a mobile, or service center appointment. I messaged them to ask where my appointment was
Does anyone know how long something like this takes to adjust? I'd prefer a mobile service repair, is this something that they can do at my location?
Thanks!

If you selected a service center location, the appointment is at a service center. I've had some luck in the past where I message the SC to ask if they may switch the SC appointment mobile service, though it probably varies by location.

I played with the horn, and it seems that the outer edge, (about 15%), just angles down but it doesn’t blast the horn.
Further in towards the center will blast the horn. In most other cars, nearly all of the horn’s padded area will get the horn to work.
I’m okay if it’s supposed to go more to the center, wasn’t sure if this is normal, or not.

If I hit the horn on the center, or left side, the horn works, but on the right side it doesn't. I used the app to set an appointment. The app asked where I would prefer mobile service, then it asked my preferred service center location.
I can't figure out whether I made a mobile, or service center appointment. I messaged them to ask where my appointment was
Does anyone know how long something like this takes to adjust? I'd prefer a mobile service repair, is this something that they can do at my location?
Thanks!
My horn is doing the exact same thing. What was the solution for your car?

My horn is doing the exact same thing. What was the solution for your car?
I think it's a poorly thought out design flaw, so there's probably nothing to do

But I got lazy (too difficult to deal with service) so I'm just going to aim for the center of the horn (rather than the edges).
There are four times I tap the horn
  1. Friendly tap or double tap with the thumb on the side (generally softer) like if you a friend on the side of the road. I use the side, since it's easier to control and not have the blast be misinterpreted
  2. "Move it bud" (louder and more forceful) usually an obnoxious blast from the center done in anger with the heel of your hand (with road rage on the rise, best to avoid this at all costs)
  3. Emergency situation - loud and long, always done at the center with the heel of your hand...as I'm jamming on the brakes. My instinct is to aim for the center, I'd never use the side, since, as with all cars, the center is always more reliable than the edges (IMHO). I've always done this with my other cars
  4. Sporting milestones, when the Mets, Knicks, Jets, or Rangers win the championship, Honestly, I can't remember which part of the horn I used the last time this happened...and Tesla will probably have FSD_- Automatic Horn ™️ (beta) by the time I'd need to give a celebratory blast (...if I live that long)
So, it's really not a big deal, since the only time I'd use the side is when I see someone on the side of the road...not enough of a problem to deal with service