Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right side visualization very erratic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a reasonably newish Model Y owner with the FSD upgrade and curious about whether what I'm seeing is normal.

On-screen visualizations on the right side of the car tend to be very erratic. For example, if I'm stopped at a light in the right lane, the lane marker on the right is constantly gyrating and wiggling.

If I'm driving on the highway in traffic, cars in the right lane will appear and disappear, generally when they're in front or behind me. They sometimes even go left and right across lanes, appearing to collide with cars in front of me.

After this happened for a while I ran camera calibration with no change in behavior.

Any insight? While Autopilot tends to work normally, I've had it turn off with "take control now" twice, one even while stopped at a light. I worry that if it's this erratic that I shouldn't be trusting it with lane changes/etc.

Try to recalibrate your autopilot cameras in the settings. Otherwise, double check the cameras around the car to make sure they're positioned ok and clear.

Some of what you're describing is typical of the visualization, unless it's happening all the time.