Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rim Guards in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone in Hawaii have Rimblades or alloy gators for their cars? I've read about them on the forum. Am worried about curb rash while i'm getting used to the car since the S is a over a foot longer and wider than my Q5.

Ordered a set of Alloy Gators for my 19" rims about a week after getting the car. Took a while to get here, as they ship from over-seas.

Installed them last week myself. Took a couple of hours total: about an hour for the first one going slowly and figuring it out. About 20 mins for each of the remaining three. If you are comfortable changing/inflating a tire, and have the basic tools necessary (valve stem remover, rubber mallet, cutters, & jack) they aren't hard to install yourself.

I went with silver to blend in to the rim. Other folks had reported that the black ones made it look like you had a larger tire, somewhat offsetting the sporty look of the low-profile tires. I'm glad I went with the silver, you hardly notice they are there once installed.

A good price for peace of mind. Oh, and the offer for 10% off (use TELSA10 coupon code) is good through the end of July, I believe.

nanimac, Scaesare's instructions for installing the Alloy Gators makes sense. Good to know they are DIY. When you decide to put them on yourself, would you let me know please. I'd like to get a camera, some adult beverages, a good chair and watch you do that. Just let me know when and where. :)

nanimac, Scaesare's instructions for installing the Alloy Gators makes sense. Good to know they are DIY. When you decide to put them on yourself, would you let me know please. I'd like to get a camera, some adult beverages, a good chair and watch you do that. Just let me know when and where. :)

There's no way that I trust myself to install these! Will leave it to the professionals :)

Just as Scaesare says, use code TESLA10 to receive a 10% discount on Alloy Gators if you buy directly from the manufacturer.

I believe I'll order a set myself. The only problem is there's already a minor ding on my right rear wheel. No worries, one of the panels that can be downloaded for the Tesla touchscreen is the Flux Capacitor time machine panel from DASH - TESLAMODS . If I can just accelerate to 88 miles per hour and go back in time to the day I made that ding ...

Last edited:
I just tried using the "TESLA10" discount code today and it didn't work. I sent an email to the manufacturer of Alloy Gators and I'll report back. I've requested either a new discount code or a reinstatement of the TESLA10 code.

Ah, my apologies... I just went back and looked at the email I got from them, and they said they were extending the discount code thru "July 1st". I had mis-remembered when I posted above.

They were very kind in offering to extend the previously discontinued offer when I asked... but it did take them a couple of days to respond...

I just received a nice email from Alloy Gators. They were willing to revive the TESLA10 discount and extend it THROUGH THE END OF JULY now. I placed an order and received the 10% discount. Please note that the discount code is case sensitive and all letters must be in caps.

Here's a pic of the alloy gators on my car. They're not really noticeable unless you know to look for them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    901.7 KB · Views: 585
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 415
WHERE TO INSTALL ALLOY GATORS? I have ordered and received a set of Alloy Gators from the U.K. (came in three weeks). My P85+ won't be here for 45 days, but I want to be totally prepared when it arrives. Any suggestions as to where I can the AG's installed locally? I figure I will have about a two week crossover between my existing lease and the new Tesla -- so I would like to get all of my prep work done during that time when I have two sets of wheels and before l do any damage. Essentially, I am trying to protect the car from myself as much as possible. Mahalo for any insight or advice.

This is how bad I curbed my gators...I couldn't get my iphone to focus on the AG but you can tell how scuffed they are. A friend of mine replaced this one with the extra AG that comes with the set. AGs are definitely worth it! Honolulu MS...an auto repair shop should be able to install for you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    982.6 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 205
Aaaaargh. Just curbed my right rear wheel. Has anyone found a place locally that is familiar with alloys and would replace one alloy gator? What was the going rate? Also, when you have the wheels rotated/balanced at the SC, is it necessary to remove the Alloys?

Last edited: