Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rim Guards in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have grey/silver ones if you want them. I haven't had time to put them on.

drtko147 - Yes, would be very interested in buying them from you; I didn't realize that my front Alloy got damaged at the same time as the back one, so I need to replace two, but only have one spare. The other alternative I was considering was Wheel Bands, but I think the fact that I polished my rims might make installation of the adhesive wheel bands difficult.

Having said that, you should seriously consider putting them on your car. My rims would have had major damage from jumping a curb without the Alloys.

drtko147 - Yes, would be very interested in buying them from you; I didn't realize that my front Alloy got damaged at the same time as the back one, so I need to replace two, but only have one spare. The other alternative I was considering was Wheel Bands, but I think the fact that I polished my rims might make installation of the adhesive wheel bands difficult.

Having said that, you should seriously consider putting them on your car. My rims would have had major damage from jumping a curb without the Alloys.

I know but it is just the time to do it. It is still collecting dust at home.

The SC installed them for me. But from I'm reading on other rim guard/alloy gator threads, sounds like Tesla doesn't want them installing aftermarket products anymore.
I asked the SC if they would install my Alloy Gators. as I expected they said no.
- - - Updated - - -
I know but it is just the time to do it. It is still collecting dust at home.
Mine is collecting dust also. my rims already have small scuffs to waiting isn't so bad. What I discovered today is worse. a big (3" X 1/2") scuff on my front right bumper corner.:cursing: it actually rubbed the paint off and gouged the plastic(?) bumper. Don't know where it came from but if I ever find the car that did it..... watch out.

I asked the SC if they would install my Alloy Gators. as I expected they said no.
- - - Updated - - -

Mine is collecting dust also. my rims already have small scuffs to waiting isn't so bad. What I discovered today is worse. a big (3" X 1/2") scuff on my front right bumper corner.:cursing: it actually rubbed the paint off and gouged the plastic(?) bumper. Don't know where it came from but if I ever find the car that did it..... watch out.

Ouch!! Sadly my mother's car continues to collect scratches. Somebody keyed her in a parking lot (well, it IS a wide car) and then more curb rash on the wheels and a big scratch along the rear passenger rocker panel from god knows what ... :cursing:

It's beyond needing something like XPEL, maybe just wrapping the entire car in bubble wrap would have been more effective.

Spleen, did they intentionally "key" her car, or was it scratched by a cart or similar because it was wide and someone with a narrow mind tried to push the cart in a narrow space between two cars?. Your post leaves me unsure with the reference to the car being wide.

Spleen, did they intentionally "key" her car, or was it scratched by a cart or similar because it was wide and someone with a narrow mind tried to push the cart in a narrow space between two cars?. Your post leaves me unsure with the reference to the car being wide.

Certainly, it could have been the 2nd scenario but because the car is so wide and my mom is not the best at parking some times and could have easily parked too close to the line on the passenger side :rolleyes: and looking at the length and the depth of the scratch, I really suspect that it was deliberate.

Makes me sick...
emoticon_puke.png

I was just looking at my tires and one looked low on air but my TPMS hasn't said anything. I noticed a new rim scar that extended up to the sidewall. there is a quarter sized divot out of the sidewall, It is so bad (meaning probably unsafe) that I am going to check my road hazard warrantee to see if I am covered for replacement. this is one of the new tires I got at my last annual service in Jan, so there is lots of tread still on it.