Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rim protectors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0C84FAFF-072B-42AE-95C3-FD6565104A59.png
I was going to get these, but when I entered in my model of car, a 2018 Tesla S 100 D, I was told that they did not fit my car!

Last edited:
Have you guys seen the AlloyGators? They appear to be much stronger and more durable than the adhesive sticky ones

AlloyGator USA | The World's Premium Customizable Wheel Protection

Here's installation on a 19" Slipstream wheel but they work for 21s too:

I put red Original (apex) version Alloygators on my Model S 21inch rims. They look very sporty, but the red could be a bit much. The newer version black, is more conservative. Most impressed with how well it worked. I thought I destroyed my rear right rim with a loud crunch on a curb coming out of a steep incline. But the alloygator took all the damage, just a tiny scratch below.

Looks like too much trouble to install
Getting your wheel repaired after you damage it can be a lot more trouble, ask me how I know! You can also do it when you are getting tires, I'm sure the tire shop will install them for you no problem. Super easy when the tire is being put on.

I put red Original (apex) version Alloygators on my Model S 21inch rims. They look very sporty, but the red could be a bit much. The newer version black, is more conservative. Most impressed with how well it worked. I thought I destroyed my rear right rim with a loud crunch on a curb coming out of a steep incline. But the alloygator took all the damage, just a tiny scratch below.
Yeah I thought I barely scraped along a curb when pulling out of a parking spot with my rear wheel but after getting out and checking... huge chunk of the wheel scraped off and sidewall damage to the tire. I ordered them immediately after and am waiting to get new tires on before I install them. I'll post pictures on this thread after!