Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rim Rash Repair in Los Angeles, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! Sadly, my amazing model Y with the 20 inch black rims got damaged with some rim rash. Ahh!! i feel terrible....

Any recommendations for reasonable and great repairs in the LA county area? extra points for those places that have worked on similar rims and familiar with Tesla. do the tesla repair shops do this?

I am in the Burbank area and prefer to have somewhere close! any recommendations would be GREAT! thank you!

Tip from experience: % of chance that the wheel (especially passenger rear) will get curbed again? Is high. No matter how careful one is, it happens. If its not that severe? You can easily fix/make it so that its nearly invisible unless you look for it.

Many vids on youtube but this one is basic and for black.

Mine are silver but I used similar process and didnt even need to remove the wheel from the car.

I did this:
Cleaned the area with a damp slightly soapy rag and dried it off.
Used my dremel to lightly and carefully sand/smooth the area down.
Recleaned with rag and rubbing alcohol
Masked off the area
Used a can of silver paint (forget which color, but the match was 99% perfect) to spray a few light coats over the area.

If you prep well via very careful sanding to get it smooth/no gouges? Can almost guarantee you will be VERY satisfied with the results.

IF you have very large gouges/chunks missing? Different repair, but still doable. YOu would essentially get a tube of filler (like JB Weld Steelstick) and follow the directions to fill in the missing chunk. Once its FULLY dried/cured, you use your dremel to carefully sand it down so that excess is removed. Then you spray paint over it.

Better than spending $100+ each time you rash it. Because trust me: you WILL..rash it again in the future.

• Informative
Reactions: kashian and alexcue
Y_Not and EVNation thanks so much for the recommendations. Totally agree...i wish I didn't have to fix this...but I know its fixable and some rim places can make it almost like new. Its quite amazing. thank you. if there are any other recommendations please share them! it can help me but also many many others here in the socal area!

Hi! Sadly, my amazing model Y with the 20 inch black rims got damaged with some rim rash. Ahh!! i feel terrible....

Any recommendations for reasonable and great repairs in the LA county area? extra points for those places that have worked on similar rims and familiar with Tesla. do the tesla repair shops do this?

I am in the Burbank area and prefer to have somewhere close! any recommendations would be GREAT! thank you!

I repaired my own and the final product looks decent! See touch up paint options from other owners from the Tesla.com/forum page. Good luck!

Attachments

• 58C11F8F-4950-421F-8F08-4A2581222D0F.jpeg
    58C11F8F-4950-421F-8F08-4A2581222D0F.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 222
  • A648E2E0-EB07-4F46-AFE8-C2AE90C806A6.jpeg
    A648E2E0-EB07-4F46-AFE8-C2AE90C806A6.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 136
  • C70D2F4D-0ECC-40A6-9E19-FD112C9837A0.jpeg
    C70D2F4D-0ECC-40A6-9E19-FD112C9837A0.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 132