Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rim Savers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are your thoughts on these? Do they really protect the rims against curb rash? Are these secure?

I just had my stock 19s powder coated in satin black and I need to figure out a way to protect them against curb rash (for when the wife takes the car :))

I believe the style I installed on my 2017 X, when new, was WheelBands. I have been very happy with them. When I have hit them (5 ish mph or lower) they took the brunt... and you hear the rubber tire hitting as well. That's your clue to back off.
I have had one band that has some rough spots... but that's it. From a distance you can't tell. I did black on black.
The part I was most concerned about is if the adhesive would stay on?
Two years in, they are doing great. Adhesive on like a rock. Would buy again.

-TechVP

Avoid hitting the curb, by all means. Obvious and not much else to do. That or install an automatic parking system using radar to detect the curb and servos to move your steering, brakes and throttle.

Long ago I saw a device which looked very much like a spring loaded antenna, jutting from under the doors and angled downwards some 45 degrees. When they scrapped the curb they made that dirty noise, thus telling you you were near the curb. Otherwise, don’t hit the curb. Or change to steel rims and keep your alloy ones for special occasions.

Long ago I saw a device which looked very much like a spring loaded antenna, jutting from under the doors and angled downwards some 45 degrees. When they scrapped the curb they made that dirty noise, thus telling you you were near the curb. Otherwise, don’t hit the curb. Or change to steel rims and keep your alloy ones for special occasions.

You mean curb feelers? I remember my grandfather’s Olds 88 having them ...

https://www.amazon.com/United-Pacific-Industries-70203-Chrome/dp/B007IWTTO6

• Funny
Reactions: Dog lover 1