Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rimac Automobili Concept_One

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2.8s 0-60mph @ 1088hp doesn't seem quick enough considering the "(arguably 200hp less than) 691hp" of the P85D sedan does 3.1

Am I missing something?

Putting all that power to the ground is the issue. This car *should* be able to do 0-100 at 2.2-2.4 seconds, right? I'm wondering what the gear ratio is, if it's the same on the front and rear wheels and if there is a compromise between acceleration and top speed (like in all fixed gear EVs). I can't imagine them going with multiple gears.

Rimac Concept One - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The committee" says...
With a total output of 811 kW (1,088 hp) and 1,600 N·m (1,200 lb·ft) of torque, the Concept One will accelerate from 0–100 km/h (0–60 mph) in 2.8 seconds and will have an electronically limited top speed of 305 km/h (190 mph). Each wheel is powered by a separate liquid-cooled permanent magnet electric motor and controlled by the so-called "All Wheel Torque Vectoring System" that distributes the power to the wheels in accordance with user setup and driving conditions. Also, the car has the ability to switch the power from front-wheel to rear-wheel drive, the first car with that ability.
The motors are powered by a 91 kWh lithium iron phosphate battery, giving the car a range of 500 km (310 mi) per charge.

Only loosely related observation - This topic needs to be updated for the Model S "D" offerings:
List of electric cars currently available - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia