Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rimac Automobili Concept_One

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CroDriver, have you heard that Tesla is talking about offering a Roadster gear replacement that will have it beating the 0-60 of your gorgeous machine?

Yes, but we don't consider the Roadster as competition. We consider Pagani, Bugatti and Koenigsegg as our competitors.

We're also working on the improvement of the acceleration and it might be improved significantly with a major development we're working on currently but I can't go too much into details at the moment. What I can say is that it is not just a simple change of gear ratio, we still want to hit the 300 km/h mark with a production EV.

Yes, but we don't consider the Roadster as competition. We consider Pagani, Bugatti and Koenigsegg as our competitors.

We're also working on the improvement of the acceleration and it might be improved significantly with a major development we're working on currently but I can't go too much into details at the moment. What I can say is that it is not just a simple change of gear ratio, we still want to hit the 300 km/h mark with a production EV.

It would be great to see what you could do with your car with a CVT (Continuosly variable transmission) or a PST (Power Sharing transmission). I'm guessing the problem here will be wear due to very high torque, much like the problem with the classic 2-gear transmission in the first Roadsters.

Impressive.

I hope you kick A** :)

I am real, not a bot, and here is a photo to prove it:
thumbs-up1.jpg

:tongue:

Personally I think we should take up a collection to buy TEG a Rimac in honor of his tireless service to our forum. He's clearly given up any and all life beyond TMC, even took on a new life form to be so dedicated. If everybody on TMC tomorrow gave their $.02 for every post he's ever made, it would be enough to make the reservation fee. OK maybe a good low mileage 1.5.

Last edited:
That's a real photo I took in LeMans. The photo is straight out of the camera, no after-effects (photoshop).

More photos from that event here and here.

We will do our best to make the car as close to perfect as possible. Who knows, maybe even Jeremy will like it.

Fantastic job. The car looks so awesome, although it may be even lower than the Roadster, which is saying something!

It really is a great piece of styling and, if the numbers for accel, top speed and range are true, a fantastic piece of engineering.

So you beat the beautiful Citroen Survolt?? That is really quite something.

Best of luck with your electric car venture. If you need help in Spain just ask. I'd be glad to pitch in.

Fantastic job. The car looks so awesome, although it may be even lower than the Roadster, which is saying something!

It really is a great piece of styling and, if the numbers for accel, top speed and range are true, a fantastic piece of engineering.

So you beat the beautiful Citroen Survolt?? That is really quite something.

Best of luck with your electric car venture. If you need help in Spain just ask. I'd be glad to pitch in.

Thanks!

Actually, we'll be in Barcelona 14th-16th of September with the Concept_One for a private event. If you want, you can come and see the car. I can give you a test-ride in it if that will be possible schedule and road-wise. Please contact Monika (monika(at)rimac-automobili.com) to schedule a meeting if you want...

Btw. The production car is different - especially in terms of interior space (longer, taller, wider).