Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rimac Automobili Concept_One

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
drool_400p.png

Pure EV pron. I might need to pick up a second job and get me one :biggrin:

How much different will it be compared to the concept car?

A lot. It shares very few parts with the concept car. The wheelbase is longer, the chassis and suspension is different, the powertrain is new, the battery is different... Everything is on a further evolution-stage (improved).

It should be way better than the concept car in every way. At this moment I can't say when it will be shown to the public for the first time.

We didn't publish too much about the guts of the car as of now, since we have constantly changed many things during the development. Once the final car is unveiled, we will share detailed information.

I am just astounded at your level of advancement here.
Tesla had a lot of help from Lotus in the early days, but you seem to have assembled a world class team in short order and done so much by yourselves! Bravo!

I am just astounded at your level of advancement here.
Tesla had a lot of help from Lotus in the early days, but you seem to have assembled a world class team in short order and done so much by yourselves! Bravo!

Well, thanks for the kudos.

I wish I could tell the full story behind it (a lot of sweat, tears and blood). Maybe I will some day...

Still tons of work ahead of us...

Last edited:
So you aren't using A123 cells? Can you say what you are using?

We did and we still do, but also considering other options. As you know, we only purchase cells and make the packs, thermal and battery management in-house so we're constantly improving our battery-pack design.

I thought the same thing. He did say the production car would be taller.

Yep, this was the biggest mistake while designing the Concept_One. We simply didn't have time so we skipped the mock-up and clay-model part and went straight on the production from CAD data. However, this is a concept car after all, a materialized designer's dream, and for that purpose it can have flaws like this. As I said, customers won't have a shortage of room or comfort.

I can't believe he's 24 years old. That's amazing. Must be a brilliant guy to take on a project like this.

I'm born in February 1988, so yes, I'm 24 currently. Not really brilliant, maybe a little crazy and workaholic :)

Rimac's EVs are amazing. Truly advancing the state of the art is quite an accomplishment for any company, and very impressive from a small firm.

I am also amazed at the first-class professional videos, again very impressive, especially for a small company.

GSP

New video from Mate, I have to question the world record claims since some NEDRA cars are faster. http://www.nedra.com/record_holders.html

Perhaps he's referring to street legal cars? He says in the video that the M3 conversion is a car that "is driven every day" (by him?) so I'm guessing maybe it has a license plate and is street legal (in Croatia)?

I'm super excited with the Concept_one, but as others have pointed out, in it's current form the roof is a bit low :)

Perhaps he's referring to street legal cars? He says in the video that the M3 conversion is a car that "is driven every day" (by him?) so I'm guessing maybe it has a license plate and is street legal (in Croatia)?

I'm super excited with the Concept_one, but as others have pointed out, in it's current form the roof is a bit low :)

The NEDRA record holder for PS/A3 ( that means Pro Street ) is White Zombie. It has done the 1/4 mile in 10.258 seconds.
It is a street legal car that is regularly street driven, in fact it has more than 100 miles of range. I've personally witnessed it doing the 1/4 mile in the low 10 seconds multiple times. http://www.plasmaboyracing.com/whitezombie.php
There are multiple cars that are in the 9 and 10 second range listed National Electric Drag Racing Association - Record Holders, but I have no idea if they are street legal.
Note that Black Current III ( 9.64 second 1/4 mile ) is in the UK, and NEDRA despite its name, is an international organization.

I applaud Rimac for his work, and his M3 is an excellent car, but at 11.808 seconds in the quarter mile I don't what kind of asterisks he is claiming that it is the worlds fastest EV. I'm sure you can find some narrow category where it is, but that's a pretty dubious claim.

New video from Mate, I have to question the world record claims since some NEDRA cars are faster. http://www.nedra.com/record_holders.html

The records are broken under FIA governance and rules, which is a completely different animal compared to NEDRA.

The previous records were set by Peugeot with the EX-1 - 14,4 on the 1/4 mile:

Last edited by a moderator: