Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rimac founding story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Rimac C_Two ... biggest challenge was to start from scratch, as nothing has been passed on from the Concept_One, other than the idea of creating the most powerful all-electric hypercar. [side note: Tesla Roadster specifications sent Rimac team back to the drawing board] Since the initial design, we had to change every single surface due to many factors. Every change had to be aligned with the requirements from vehicle design, engineering, homologation ergonomics, kinematics, feasibility and more. After reaching the satisfactory status, but prior to investing in tooling, we validate and correlate the results in a wind tunnel testing. Read more: http://www.rimac-automobili.com/en/la...

It is amazing what they have accomplished without the mammoth budget Tesla has gone through in comparison.
reminder: 2008 Roadster made ~2500 in ~4 years.
Rimac may never reach 2500 vehicles (unless we count ebikes:rolleyes: Greyp Bikes, 23 employees)

They are up to ~500 people and Porsche has bought 10% share. And Rimac consults and supplies parts to others - motors, inverters, controllers, battery packs, software systems.
Koenigsegg first well known customer. And Porsche is also well known;)

Rimac Automobili - Wikipedia

other owners [Rimac 48%]

Last edited:
We have no idea how much money they use. NOT a US public company - no SEC filings.
CAN anyone find any financial documents?

I do worry Bugatti would be a big distraction - and Mate might well loose control and I fear that wouldn't be good.

only my opinion - and I certainly could be very wrong - my crystal ball is black

I'm with you Brando. I don't think Bugatti has anything to offer Rimac (manufacturing expertise?).
VAG on the other hand needs Rimac to be a close follower to Tesla.
I just wonder if this will be just a take over or if there will be still some possible partnership?

The Bugatti name is certainly too prestigious 'to fade into oblivion' (or 'tomber aux oubliettes' in French.)​

In particular, how much VAG is still committed in Race Car competition as it was the case with Audi before the Diesel-gate fiasco?

I hope to see sometime an EV participating to the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Brando