Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rimetrix wheel covers to replace Aero's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not exactly loving the Aero's or the bare alloys behind them, I ordered these Rimetrix wheel covers when they were on offer on the Kickstarter site so got them at a reduced price.

My red car never looked good (dowdy) with the grey Aero's but I think silver really suits the pre facelift SR+.

They cover the alloy rims right up to the tyre so cover past kerb damage and with any luck will take the damage if wheel meets kerb in the future.

The finish is good with a deep laquer over the silver and they clip on very solidly. Just would have preferred a Tesla centre to them.

DSCF3547.JPG
DSCF3549.JPG
DSCF3548.JPG

These look good. I didnt really liked the original aeros and I had to dechrome the car and plasti dip the rims to get a more consistent look. Problem is that the plasti dip after recent tyre swap doesnt look great and the dechrome is a right pain in the bum when you wash the car. Extra care is needed.
With these I may be tempted to go back to the chrome looks :) Off to convince the wife :p

I’m not convinced by the look but they may prove to be a money saver based on my recent ability (or lack thereof), to not curb all of my wheels.

They’re supposedly as efficient or slightly more so than the Aeros.

I think on balance I prefer the standard aeros.
These days hub caps only come on base models with steel wheels for most cars if at all so they are kind of a low end thing.
So If I am going to have some I like having the ones that say I'm something special that is here for a reason rather than ones that are kinda pretending to be fake alloy wheels.
but hey if you like them then great they look fine.
I do like the idea of covering the whole rim but my wife rarely drives the car so not too much of a problem right now :)

I think on balance I prefer the standard aeros.
These days hub caps only come on base models with steel wheels for most cars if at all so they are kind of a low end thing.
So If I am going to have some I like having the ones that say I'm something special that is here for a reason rather than ones that are kinda pretending to be fake alloy wheels.
but hey if you like them then great they look fine.
I do like the idea of covering the whole rim but my wife rarely drives the car so not too much of a problem right now :)
If SWMBO sees this post and if in future, you have the misfortune to get a dose of curb rash, you life won’t be with living😂

If SWMBO sees this post and if in future, you have the misfortune to get a dose of curb rash, you life won’t be with living😂
I'm not worried I have the receipts. and the photos. I have a long way to go to catch up to her score. I once had a car where the tyres bulged out beyond the rim so much it was almost impossible to curb them. Safe at last I thought. Nope. I ended up having to buy 2 new tyres when I realised the side walls had been worn through to the canvas

I was going to go for these but not now.
I was wondering about this. Standard Aeros do the same just not on that part of the rim. Mine have pretty much trashed the surface of my wheels over the course of about 7000 miles

Not exactly loving the Aero's or the bare alloys behind them, I ordered these Rimetrix wheel covers when they were on offer on the Kickstarter site so got them at a reduced price.

My red car never looked good (dowdy) with the grey Aero's but I think silver really suits the pre facelift SR+.

They cover the alloy rims right up to the tyre so cover past kerb damage and with any luck will take the damage if wheel meets kerb in the future.

The finish is good with a deep laquer over the silver and they clip on very solidly. Just would have preferred a Tesla centre to them.

View attachment 667170View attachment 667171View attachment 667172
Ordered the black ones, just got a message saying I have to pay the custom duty and import VAT. Not something I expected but my fault did not read the Rimetrix website. So paying additional 60 quid on top of the original price. Not worth I think - repairing the alloys sounds like less expensive. One of those things with over-analysing things.

When did you buy those from Rimetrix? I ordered them end of May - so just received them. May be they got caught out as you said.
I got mine from the website. I prefer the look of these wheel covers. I don’t like the Aeros or the bare wheels. Very happy with my purchase. Remember that in order to remove them you must first remove the center caps, they are what locks the covers in place. They are better in efficiency albeit slightly, than the Aero covers.

Reactions: Rustybkts
I purchased them last year from the Kickstarter site. I do seem to remember the paperwork having a low value and to be honest four plastic wheel covers would not really show up in customs as being under valued as they are very cheap from your average auto shop.
That explains why they did not charge import VAT, if I remember as a kickstarter they were charging around 180 dollars and that is just under the cut off for the UK import VAT!

I got mine from the website. I prefer the look of these wheel covers. I don’t like the Aeros or the bare wheels. Very happy with my purchase. Remember that in order to remove them you must first remove the center caps, they are what locks the covers in place. They are better in efficiency albeit slightly, than the Aero covers.
Did you mean after putting the orbital wheels if I have to remove them, I have to remove the center caps?

Last edited:
Reactions: hcdavis3