Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rims in Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You just saved me some research time. Thank you!
Went outside and found these… I was home - they didn’t even ring the doorbell!
A1CE6CC7-3A08-4F13-9718-FA604C79101C.jpeg

Reactions: Vawlkus
I was about to pull the trigger on the same tires. I like your set up. The rims came in yesterday and they’re beauties. The price was unreal.

I wanted to buy the Conti’s from Quattrotires as they’ve been my go-to for years. Awesome service and warranty service. Spoke to a CS rep yesterday for a price match with Blackcircles. She needed to confirm a few things and called me this morning. Although the tires would fit fine and the load rating is good, they wouldn’t be able to warranty the tires since the speed rating is too far off from the OEM tires. T rating for Conti’s at 190 km/hr….that plenty! Really dumb, but I understand their point. I’m a warranty guy so back to the drawing board.
I couldn't resist the Costco 20% off sale today. I'm about to pull the trigger on some Michelin X-Ice Snows with the stock tire size. I haven't decided if I'm going to mount winter tires on the stock rims or the Replika R187's. First time owing Michelin's for winter. Always been a Blizzak WS/Hakka guy. I just wish it wasn't so hard to find Hakka' in Ontario. Kal wants over $1400. No thanks.

I couldn't resist the Costco 20% off sale today. I'm about to pull the trigger on some Michelin X-Ice Snows with the stock tire size. I haven't decided if I'm going to mount winter tires on the stock rims or the Replika R187's. First time owing Michelin's for winter. Always been a Blizzak WS/Hakka guy. I just wish it wasn't so hard to find Hakka' in Ontario. Kal wants over $1400. No thanks.
Yeah! Looking at this sale too The X-Ice Snows does seems to be a good deal cause it already includes the install in the pricing

I also bought the R3 from KalTire when I first got my M3. Now I would probably go with the X-Ice because the Hakkapeliitta R3s are just too loud especially since I still drive around quite a bit in the winter and the roads are fairly clean in Toronto to put up with the noise.
Thanks, I'm debating on the R3 vs the PA4 in 19" for my MY, I've had the PA4 on my BMW and they were great for Toronto winters, feel and perform like summer tires when roads are just wet or dry and were very quiet.. good to know the R3 are loud, am now thinking the R3 will be too much winter tire for what I need and should go with the PA4 for the Tesla.

Well in case anyone is curious (I was!), here is what satin black r241s look like on blue and black Model 3s. My friend and I just had our all seasons swapped to these wheels, and a new set of xice shoes mounted to the aeros.

Total damage was $2050 tax in for the wheels and tires at a local tire shop in Scarborough.

Attachments

• 20210909_170620.jpg
    20210909_170620.jpg
    824.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 20210909_170627.jpg
    20210909_170627.jpg
    872.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG-20210911-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20210911-WA0005.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG-20210911-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20210911-WA0006.jpg