Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rims in Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am shopping for Replika R241 18's to use as a summer rim on my Model 3, putting the stock tire on that, and getting winter tires for the stock rims. I priced it out at two local shops and thought I'd share a couple data points:

- first quoted 269 per wheel plus a spline kit (50$), and per wheel/tire install costs of $31 each.
- second quoted 210 per wheel, said I didn't need the spline kit and they'd use the ones on them now, and per wheel/tire install of $20 each. They also suggested Michellin X-Ice for $250 each for the winter tire,

Both are authorized ADs for the rims, with good google reviews. One is a corporate franchise shop, one is a local shop.

Are ppl seeing similar prices in other cities ?

Hi Ben, that's the exact setup I'm choosing, including down to the winter tire. Your prices are even better than the online prices from the usual suspects. Assuming you're in her GTA, can you PM me the name of your dealer, and maybe ask them if they sell 3 of these sets with winters, what's the best price they can do? My friend is also interested in the same setup.

Thanks!

I am shopping for Replika R241 18's to use as a summer rim on my Model 3, putting the stock tire on that, and getting winter tires for the stock rims. I priced it out at two local shops and thought I'd share a couple data points:

- first quoted 269 per wheel plus a spline kit (50$), and per wheel/tire install costs of $31 each.
- second quoted 210 per wheel, said I didn't need the spline kit and they'd use the ones on them now, and per wheel/tire install of $20 each. They also suggested Michellin X-Ice for $250 each for the winter tire,

Both are authorized ADs for the rims, with good google reviews. One is a corporate franchise shop, one is a local shop.

Btw - do you mean the X-Ice XI3 or Snow? The Snow is supposed to be the newest version.

For us in southern ontario, since we cannot get studded winter tires, I have been going back and forth on either the X-Ice Snow or the Continental VikingContact 7. Depending on whom you ask or which review site you go on, these are pretty competitive with one another. But the prices for VikingContact 7 on avg is cheaper.

We must be crazy talking about winter tires in August :p

---
On the rims / wheels front, I ended up ordering from TSportline in the US and shipped up here free when they had their July 4th sale. They seem to have one of those once in a while, so if you are not set on this set that you are looking at, this can be considered

I have the viking contact 7 on my roadster for winter, best tires to date and I went through quite a few. I doubt there is much to make a difference but Continential is my go to so I feel more confident on them than anything else. Now is a good time to be getting everything ready
'
Yeah coming from Mercs I have always had Continentals - had WinterContact SI before on the older Merc but sounds like this Viking Contact 7 is a new gen of it

Curious about this as well. I do want to see if u can get 18" tires for winter and buy 18" white rims for the summer to match my white model 3.
I think you are also getting a SR+ right? (As I recall seeing you in that waiting for SR+ thread)

But yeah I am doing the same - I'm swapping out the OEM aero rims from Tesla and putting another set on with the OEM Summers, and then using the aeros for winter. So many rim/wheel choices out there though, get what you like!

I think you are also getting a SR+ right? (As I recall seeing you in that waiting for SR+ thread)

But yeah I am doing the same - I'm swapping out the OEM aero rims from Tesla and putting another set on with the OEM Summers, and then using the aeros for winter. So many rim/wheel choices out there though, get what you like!
Yup I am, white me Sr+ I kinda wanna match white on white for summer but we will see. Probably gonna stick with 18 since people been saying 18 is smoother for them than anything higher.

Also look at this beast

Attachments

• tesla-model-x-vossen-vfs1-custom-white-wheels-16.jpeg
    tesla-model-x-vossen-vfs1-custom-white-wheels-16.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 1,865
Last edited:

This is almost the exact thing I did last year. I ordered my rims from Wheelwiz and then had the tires moved around by my local Kal Tire. The pricing you're quoting above is roughly in line with what I paid. Wheelwiz charged $202/wheel + $240 for 4 TPMS sensors + $65 for an installation kit (Hub rings, nuts, key and valves). All in it was $1,239.56. I don't recall what I paid KalTire to do the tire swaps.
Here's my M3 with the R241s:
M3.jpg

For the winter tires I went with the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 and I was quite pleased with how they performed this past winter.

Btw - do you mean the X-Ice XI3 or Snow? The Snow is supposed to be the newest version.

For us in southern ontario, since we cannot get studded winter tires, I have been going back and forth on either the X-Ice Snow or the Continental VikingContact 7. Depending on whom you ask or which review site you go on, these are pretty competitive with one another. But the prices for VikingContact 7 on avg is cheaper.

We must be crazy talking about winter tires in August :p

---
On the rims / wheels front, I ended up ordering from TSportline in the US and shipped up here free when they had their July 4th sale. They seem to have one of those once in a while, so if you are not set on this set that you are looking at, this can be considered
Aren't the tsportlines quite a bit more expensive? How much did you pay during their sale?

So at least during this sale I got a set of TST 18" for about 1200USD with free shipping. Paid about 100bucks in tax so ended up around 1650CAD?

I really wanted these rims so absolutely understand that there are cheaper ones out there. If it wasn't for the rims discount and the free shipping I wouldn't have bought it

Reactions: Chrisuoft
So at least during this sale I got a set of TST 18" for about 1200USD with free shipping. Paid about 100bucks in tax so ended up around 1650CAD?

I really wanted these rims so absolutely understand that there are cheaper ones out there. If it wasn't for the rims discount and the free shipping I wouldn't have bought it
Pics ?
I’m getting the replika r241 in grey mounted on the m3 Friday next week. Can’t wait

So why did you get them over the r241 ? Is it better performance ?
Availability!

I was checking different places up here in Canada and no one had R241s in stock when I was looking, and then TSportline had these on sale so I just jumped on them. I know I probably paid a bit more than I needed to.

At the same time I also got bluetooth tpms from TSportline as well (which just gets it from Tesla). Didn't want the hassle of having to call different Tesla stores to see if they ahve it in stock and then having to drive out to get them

Just reserved a SR+ today and also thinking ahead for winters and doing same thing as OP

I see the r241 are $224 at 1010tires and canadawheels.ca so will pick them up closer to end of winter

Debating Hakka R3, Xice Snow and Pilot PA4 at the moment as I know they all perform differently depending on conditions