Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rims in Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is interested, I have a set of T Sportline TSTs which are similar in style to the Replika 241s for sale in 18”

Just reserved a SR+ today and also thinking ahead for winters and doing same thing as OP

I see the r241 are $224 at 1010tires and canadawheels.ca so will pick them up closer to end of winter

Debating Hakka R3, Xice Snow and Pilot PA4 at the moment as I know they all perform differently depending on conditions
Congrats on your reservation, Here's hoping you get your car sooner rather than later.

I went with the Hakkapeliitta R3 and drove my first winter on them this past winter. I was very happy with how they performed but I will say that they definitely increased the road noise. I was warned about this when I bought them at Kal Tire but the first couple of days after putting them on the car was startling until I got used to the increased noise level.

The people at Kal Tire told me that the road noise on the Xice tires would be less than the Nokians but the handling of the Nokians is superior. Since I have a short commute each day, I opted for the better handling. If you have a longer commute, you might want to consider the quieter tire.

Reactions: Safari
Congrats on your reservation, Here's hoping you get your car sooner rather than later.

I went with the Hakkapeliitta R3 and drove my first winter on them this past winter. I was very happy with how they performed but I will say that they definitely increased the road noise. I was warned about this when I bought them at Kal Tire but the first couple of days after putting them on the car was startling until I got used to the increased noise level.

The people at Kal Tire told me that the road noise on the Xice tires would be less than the Nokians but the handling of the Nokians is superior. Since I have a short commute each day, I opted for the better handling. If you have a longer commute, you might want to consider the quieter tire.
Thanks for sharing your experience and yes hope it’s sooner than later, EDD is late Oct to mid Nov…so def need to buy tires now to swap but can wait out the r241 rims

I will have to leave out the Pilots now that my wife will drive the car most of the time and she has a fairly long round trip commute of 75km and won’t drive the car hard

I rather she be safe and drown out the tire noise with music, it can’t be louder than our ICE vehicle lol

so now continuing to internally debate with myself on xice snow or R3

my experiences so far has been the general artic tires which has V shape groves in a previous RWD 300 hp and 300 tq coupe, then moved to xice2/3 for last 3 cars but never really liked the squishy ride (dunno why I kept going back lol)

I also bought the R3 from KalTire when I first got my M3. Now I would probably go with the X-Ice because the Hakkapeliitta R3s are just too loud especially since I still drive around quite a bit in the winter and the roads are fairly clean in Toronto to put up with the noise.

I’m in the same camp re XIce Snow vs Conti VikingContact 7’s.… I’ve been a Michelin XIce fan for years but the reviews and better price have me just about ready to pull the trigger on the Conti’s… I’m going to go with 225/50/18’s to save a few $$ - great price on that size of the Conti’s at blackcircles.ca right now… I already picked up R187’s from Partsengine - great price on those… and I don’t have my car yet either lol

I haven’t been able to find any good info on treadwear on the Conti’s - that is one of the benefits of the XIce’s over Blizzaks in my experience…

Btw - do you mean the X-Ice XI3 or Snow? The Snow is supposed to be the newest version.

For us in southern ontario, since we cannot get studded winter tires, I have been going back and forth on either the X-Ice Snow or the Continental VikingContact 7. Depending on whom you ask or which review site you go on, these are pretty competitive with one another. But the prices for VikingContact 7 on avg is cheaper.

We must be crazy talking about winter tires in August :p

---
On the rims / wheels front, I ended up ordering from TSportline in the US and shipped up here free when they had their July 4th sale. They seem to have one of those once in a while, so if you are not set on this set that you are looking at, this can be considered
(My last post was supposed to be in response to this post by JJHawk - I can’t seem to edit and insert it. :) )

Went to my tire guy to get my OEM rims swapped out for another set.

Pre-ordered my winter tires also - still 18" but narrower at 215/50/R18/XL (Continental Viking Contact 7). Tire guy warned about supply issues (like every other industry) so best to pre-order now to make sure it's in stock when October comes (and rebates start)

Here are the new r241 wheels !

7A8A7F0D-C19E-4BC9-842E-9D66C1B36EA0.jpeg

Got X Ice snow for the stock aeros.
The shop owner made sure I realized that I was going to lose some range driving the r241s in the summer VS the aeros.
also mentioned shortages for winter tires

Here are the new r241 wheels !

View attachment 696109
Got X Ice snow for the stock aeros.
The shop owner made sure I realized that I was going to lose some range driving the r241s in the summer VS the aeros.
also mentioned shortages for winter tires
Very nice! I love the grey on the blue. I honestly would get a blue one if I could (wife picked the colour of the car... :p )

Losing range in the summer isn't as bad as losing range in the winter, when we have a lot less range in the cold weather. So this is also a good reason to have to have these on in the summer (e.g. OEM Aero wheels with caps vs without caps has a difference in range about 3%). Our wheels (in the different "brand name") has the same weight as the OEMs which is also an important factor

Last edited:
Starting to do my research on winter set for my incoming Y..

Hoping to get similar black rims as my factory inductions in terms of appearance and most likely 19" size.

Any recommendations around GTA?

After a bit of digging last night I reserved 19" R241 replicas in black with 255/45/19 NOKIAN HAKKAPELIITTA R3.

Had hakkas on many cars and trucks before as well.