Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RIP commasign / Matthew Chan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, not sure if the community knows about this or if this is an appropriate place to post, but wanted to let the folks on here know about the passing of Matt Chan (commasign on TMC).
I myself didn't interact with Matt on TMC but I knew him in real life and got to chatting with him the past summer about Tesla. He passed away Nov 1 and I went to his memorial service in Davis today.
He was an awesome guy, friendly and super smart, always willing to share his knowledge of Tesla, solar, etc.
Here's the piece where he got to meet Elon and Franz, who were very gracious with their time.
Tesla Owner Fighting Cancer Has Dream Fulfilled, Meets Elon Musk and Franz von Holzhausen - Tesla Motors Club
Matt owned a Model X, S, and 3 and was probably the biggest Tesla fan I knew in real life.
Just wanted to pass along the news for anyone interested.

Wow. That's too young to die. RIP.

Rates of colon and rectal cancer have been increasing among younger people, with a correlation between early obesity and later development of colon cancer. The American Cancer Society decreased their recommended colorectal cancer screening age from 50 to 45 because of the increases.

Sad to say, but 39 is increasingly not too young to die.

• Informative
Reactions: dqd88
Rates of colon and rectal cancer have been increasing among younger people, with a correlation between early obesity and later development of colon cancer. The American Cancer Society decreased their recommended colorectal cancer screening age from 50 to 45 because of the increases.

Sad to say, but 39 is increasingly not too young to die.
And the least sympathetic post of the year goes to... Mr Facts Are What's Needed In This Thread.

RIP Matt

I have read many commasign posts since I joined (his user name was memorable) and also recall reading the article when it came out with his meeting with Elon and Franz. So while I never met Matt, feel kind of personally connected to him. Sorry to read of his passing and thank you @dqd88 for letting us know. I'd like to think remembering someone who has passed sends out some positive karma into the world. Condolences to his family and friends and co-workers. Sad to loose a fellow Tesla family member as well.

• Love
Reactions: dqd88