Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rip vin p01653

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the-mask-jaw-drop-o.gif

O.
M.
G.

that is FYYYYYYYYYYYNE. :scared:

i usually hate aftermarket wheels on the Model S. but THOSE?!? that looks like Penelope Cruz wearing fish-net stockings. NAUGHTY.

Last edited:
Hi Todd,

The new car looks great! I'm glad it's all worked out as well as it has. You offered me a charge two years ago when I was nearing the end of my cross country trip, one which we didn't need, but I still appreciate your offer.

I happened by the Tesla's up for auction, and see that 1653 is up in PA now, figured I'd update the thread, perhaps 1653 will continue on in some way...

Salvage 2012 gray Tesla Model S with VIN 5YJSA1CN8CFP01653 on auction by Friday, November 14, 2014 | AutoBidMaster

Peter

Hi Todd,

The new car looks great! I'm glad it's all worked out as well as it has. You offered me a charge two years ago when I was nearing the end of my cross country trip, one which we didn't need, but I still appreciate your offer.

I happened by the Tesla's up for auction, and see that 1653 is up in PA now, figured I'd update the thread, perhaps 1653 will continue on in some way...

Salvage 2012 gray Tesla Model S with VIN 5YJSA1CN8CFP01653 on auction by Friday, November 14, 2014 | AutoBidMaster

Peter

Thanks for the info Peter. Looks like they've done some minor repair...still hard for me to believe they considered it a total loss! Interesting that the repair estimate listed there is less than half of what it was at the other shop.

I also wonder about the condition of the battery. They don't have my UMC...so the battery's likely been sitting uncharged since early July.

It makes me wonder if at some point Tesla's unwillingness to touch totaled cars will result in virtually no interest from "wholesalers" due to no interest at auctions. Which would probably result in the insurance companies taking a bigger hit on any total loss of a Tesla. Which of course means.. we will probably all pay higher premiums after it comes full circle.

I'm sure there's plenty of value left in parts that don't require Tesla Motors intervention, but an intact battery is a big ticket item that virtually no one else will be able to service for a long time.

@Todd

Happen to know what the firmware version was on that car when it met it's untimely demise? I might consider picking it up from this guy on eBay, if it goes for a reasonable amount, to use in my conversion project...

Wow, it makes me a little sad to see this, but happy to know that it's alive and kicking!

As for firmware version, I don't remember the number but the accident happened on July 5, 2014--so I'm guessing whichever firmware was the latest at that time is what is on it, unless it continued to receive updates. (If it's alive and kicking, wouldn't it still get updates?)

Was that a 4 or 5.something version? I can't recall.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, it makes me a little sad to see this, but happy to know that it's alive and kicking!

As for firmware version, I don't remember the number but the accident happened on July 5, 2014--so I'm guessing whichever firmware was the latest at that time is what is on it, unless it continued to receive updates. (If it's alive and kicking, wouldn't it still get updates?)

Was that a 4 or 5.something version? I can't recall.

To add to that, I wonder if Tesla would have any problems updating the car's firmware. I don't see why not.