Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ripped up the Lower Rocker Cover/Skirt Trim on Passenger Side

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone,

New here, but not a new Tesla owner...I've had my M3 for about 2 years. Recently, a weird curb pulled part of the passenger side "base rocker lower cover" which runs from the front to the back wheel on the underside of the car off. It damaged the plastic piece, and broke some clips.

Has anyone replaced this? If so where did you find the part, and where did you find the clips? I am not super handy with cars, but I have found some on Ebay that are the same, and seem to have clips on them...but what about whatever they clip into? Has anyone paid Tesla to fix this, and remembers the cost? Any advice on what to do is awesome! Here are some picks from my personal one, the parts catalog, and the underside of my model 3.

qL8q3kr.jpg

rCT9EgE.jpg

WLKWD0i.jpg

ic9OEAw.jpg
IHo5mU2.jpg
FxTTtR1.jpg
HNYtjYC.jpg

Sadly yes and a little bit of the metal as well - in my case I dealt with my misery by bringing it to a local shop. Tesla sent them the part in 1 day (yes I was shocked) and they were able to clean up the bent bits in a couple days (my luck, holiday weekend)

do you know what they charged you, or would you share your invoice with me... minus your personal details of course

I just ripped off my conductor wheel liner and did break the rocker piece as well.
I have this as a proposed bill by TSC :
1. Wheel arch liner - remove and replace : 35 CAD
1a. Wheel liner piece (1081581-00-C) : 105 CAD
2. Base Rocker lower cover (plastic) - remove and replace : 35 CAD
2a. Rocker piece (1089828-00-D): 310 CAD

Total before taxes : 485 CAD

Does that seem reasonable ?