Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ritz-Carelton St. Louis has 220(?) outlet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
A local friend made the drive from Springfield, MO to St.Louis. He'd called ahead to the Ritz-Carelton who did not have charging prior to the call, but had a high volt outlet installed for him prior to his arrival.

In the email he sent he said it was 220v, but I'm not sure if it is that or 240v. You can call Greg in engineering before you go if you plan to use it to confirm the exact voltage and plug type.

In the email he sent he said it was 220v, but I'm not sure if it is that or 240v. You can call Greg in engineering before you go if you plan to use it to confirm the exact voltage and plug type.

North American residential voltages are nominally 120/240 and have been for many years. Way back, it used to be 110/220 and for some reason "220" has stuck when it comes to people talking about stoves, dryers and such.

Having said that, a lot of commercial establishments use a 120/208 volt three-phase, 4-wire configuration, and outlets here would likely be 208 volts nominal.

They installed a 220 for him? Nice...

Yea, no doubt...their reputation for over the top service seems to be well deserved.

- - - Updated - - -

North American residential voltages are nominally 120/240 and have been for many years. Way back, it used to be 110/220 and for some reason "220" has stuck when it comes to people talking about stoves, dryers and such.

Having said that, a lot of commercial establishments use a 120/208 volt three-phase, 4-wire configuration, and outlets here would likely be 208 volts nominal.
Yea, I suspect it is a 40/50 amp service, but didn't confirm.

A local friend made the drive from Springfield, MO to St.Louis. He'd called ahead to the Ritz-Carelton who did not have charging prior to the call, but had a high volt outlet installed for him prior to his arrival.

Did he share any details on how much range he had left if any after he got to the Ritz? I need to make trip in reverse.